ACS custom ear plug users

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2330
    just ordered the 10's...  if you go via the boots hearing scheme you get the 10% off as well..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • For the Slash gig the 17s were ok but it was still loud. 

For my own gigs/practices I wouldn't not wear them. But 17s can sometimes reduce the volume so taht it can be hard to hear what's going on - don't read into that too much - I still get through it ok! The 10s might be ok but I see there's a sharp dip in their response at 1kHz. At least the 17s are flat across all frequencies. 
  • pmgpmg Frets: 299
    No need for the grips IMO,
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11619
    tFB Trader
    I had a set of the 10s for use at guitar shows where the constant din got a bit hard to bear after 4 days. 
    Do find them useful at some of the gigs I attend to just take the edge of the volume without making it feel like the gig is in another building to the on I'm in.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Yeah I wear mine at most gigs I go to as well. Actually makes things much clearer, especially the vocals, as you're not being blasted by as much volume. I really wouldn't be without them, one of my essential gear purchases.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24484
    I have er15s and find they can take the fun out of gigging, so I often don't use them for gigs - I might put them in for second sets when ear fatigue sets in . I do use them all the time for rehearsal and also for attending gigs...last Motörhead show I went to even the 15s we're not enough, it was still ear-splitting. My mate had bits of toilet tissue stuffed in his ears to try to cope with it :)

FWIW, my audiologist advised against frequent filter changes, he believed it would wear out the moulds quickly.
    If you have ear fatigue then you have damage. 
  • It's actually pretty irresponsible for these bands to play so loud, no? Seriously!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    It's actually pretty irresponsible for these bands to play so loud, no? Seriously!
    They'll be a warning on the back of your gig ticket ;-)
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited January 2015
    17s here I have never seen the grips ? One of my best purchases and once you have Tinnitus you will wish you had bought some too.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27149
    I'm actually a bit fucked off with ACS this week. I contacted my impressions lady from 2012 and asked about getting some custom moulds for my Shure SE215s. Apparently ACS are a) not doing custom moulds for anything but their own in-ears any more, and b) not prepared to honour their "4 years without needing re-impressions" thing, and c) not playing ball to supply the 3D datafile to send to a different maker to get some moulds made up.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • My er15 filters fell to bits after 18 months and I got the 'oh dear that's a shame' treatment. I was hoping ACS would be better...
  • My er15 filters fell to bits after 18 months and I got the 'oh dear that's a shame' treatment. I was hoping ACS would be better...
    How did they "fall to bits"? I'm hoping mine will last at least 4-5 years! 
    Isn't there some sort of warranty/guarantee that would cover this?

Very surprised - have you heard of anything like this before with ACS??
  • I'm actually a bit fucked off with ACS this week. I contacted my impressions lady from 2012 and asked about getting some custom moulds for my Shure SE215s. Apparently ACS are a) not doing custom moulds for anything but their own in-ears any more, and b) not prepared to honour their "4 years without needing re-impressions" thing, and c) not playing ball to supply the 3D datafile to send to a different maker to get some moulds made up.

Can you remind me what the 4 year guarantee is? How can they guarantee your ear canals wont change in 4 years?
    I'm actually a bit fucked off with ACS this week. I contacted my impressions lady from 2012 and asked about getting some custom moulds for my Shure SE215s. Apparently ACS are a) not doing custom moulds for anything but their own in-ears any more, and b) not prepared to honour their "4 years without needing re-impressions" thing, and c) not playing ball to supply the 3D datafile to send to a different maker to get some moulds made up.

Can you remind me what the 4 year guarantee is? How can they guarantee your ear canals wont change in 4 years?
    They can't, but they do state they will make you new moulds within 4 years without requesting a new fitting. Obviously they don't guarantee they will fit, but when I got mine that the offer. Maybe they've had to many people complaining theirs don't fit so don't want to do it anymore. 
  • thomasross20;483681" said:
    Moe_Zambeek said:

My er15 filters fell to bits after 18 months and I got the 'oh dear that's a shame' treatment. I was hoping ACS would be better...

How did they "fall to bits"? I'm hoping mine will last at least 4-5 years! Isn't there some sort of warranty/guarantee that would cover this?

Very surprised - have you heard of anything like this before with ACS??
    The filters have a wide part and a narrow part, and they separated at the join. However these were er15, which ACS no longer really supply as they started making their own filters. I'm told there was a known fault with the latter er15s doing this, but they still didn't want to know as it was outside of the 12 month warranty.
    Update from my side. I've emailed ACS directly and while they're not doing in-ear moulds any more for anything but their own earphones, they might be able to sort me out through their US office in NYC. Will update when I know more. I'm impresssed with their email communication at least.
  • MoANjAmMoANjAm Frets: 12

Don't bother with the grips (you can get them out relatively easy without them) but mine came with the holes and a free chord so I can wear it round my neck.  

I got 17 Pro's but also bought the Pro 20's for attending really loud gigs. The attenuation curve is different.

• GazLionGazLion Frets: 104
    Cheers for info. I didn't go for grips or string. Still waiting for mine to get made and sent back to Boots. Hoping they'll be ready for my gig on 31st
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2330
    got the 10's filters, will see how they compare to the 17's for saturdays gig.  hopefully they'll be fine, and I can stop thinking I'm playing in a different room to everyone else...
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    @thomasw88 let us know how you get on with them. I use 17s for practice, but not for gigging. Also, was it easy to change the filters over?