First gig tonight!

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Congratulations, now its like riding a bike, or banging the MD, the more you do it the better at it you get.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440

Deijavoo said:
    Well done mate.

I started gigging at 15, I had horrendous stagefright but only regarding speaking, not playing. It eventually helped me overcome that and now presentations/delivering training is a part of my daily job. 
    Thanks dude. I can give presentations and deliver training fine, I've always been nervous about playing in front of people. I'm getting more confident by the day now though!

lloyd said:
    Nice one mate, got the bug now?
    Absolutely! I've got shows daily now until 24th Jan, and then I want to get out and gig on stage. I can do this!

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    BilliBob said:
    Congratulations, now its like riding a bike, or banging the MD, the more you do it the better at it you get.
    Hehe, spot on mate :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice one! So, looking forward to more? 
    I've got more mate, it's a 2 week run. I'm playing two shows each today and tomorrow, then daily until next Saturday's 2 shows. I'm off on Monday though.

I'm really enjoying the experience.

• Wow, talk about jumping in at the deep end! Nice one!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    O.k, the run's over now and here are the fings wot I 'ave lernd

My tuner is shite. I have replaced it with a TC Polytune 2 mini which should arrive soon.
    My pedal board is noisy as all fuck. I have a new power supply and better patch cables inbound.
    I need to improve my chording lots.
    I need to get better at following charts/dots whilst playing.
    My wife is a supremely talented MD and band leader. It's the first time I've seen her in this environment, and it's an eye opener.
    My favourite bone jazz pick is useless when it's hot and I'm sweaty. I defaulted back to a .88 Dunlop Nylon as I could grip it properly, although I think I need it to be at least 1mm.
    I fucking loved it!!! I want to play live more, lots more! Next step is getting a band together and playing on an actual stage somewhere, rather than being hidden away in a loft.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Very unusual first gig, tbh I expect the tolerance of mistakes is much smaller in that environment so you ought to find a normal pub a breeze.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • This is one of my favourite threads on here at the moment. Good work @hobbio

Re: picks, would a Jazz III meet your needs?

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    Thanks @failed_astronaut

When I say my jazz pick, I mean my Timber Tones one. It's lovely, but just too smooth when the going gets sweaty. Expensive too. I'll check out the jazz III though, just to try it.

@PolarityMan I was able to get away with murder cos there were 2 keyboards and the guitar is, one song aside, textural.

I've just worked out that over the last 2 weeks I've played to roughly 2500 people. Wow.

• @hobbio - I use the bog standard red ones but I think they do some in different materials. Cheap as chips too.

Loving your enthusiasm btw!

"As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky