Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Great Looking Offset for just £97 !!!!

What's Hot

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    underdog said:
    Alnico;479599" said:
    underdog said:

I'm so buying that explorer and probably a 335 alike (you know to save on postage :D)

Yes i'm fighting off the urge to get the explorer as well, "To save on postage"............

That's what i'm telling her anyway and i'm telling her YOU said it first and people here should know not to put these idea's into my head so it's not directly my fault !!!

Sorted.
    I'm good with that, because then I can tell my misses you gave me the idea when you bought yours :D

BRILLIANT..............

So i'm sleeping at yours and you're sleeping at mine then ?

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    sinbaadi said:
    I've been looking for a reason to get an HB 335 type to "Cornell"ify.  I'd be game if you lot are.
    Arrgh! That's was I was planning!

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27494
    Alnico said:
    What say you ?

I'd say that it's a good idea.

Good, cheap start point (well, cheap anyway, we'd have to see how good it was!) with plenty of models to choose from.  

No idea on what sort of timing would suit people, but I think some are still finishing off their kit builds from last year, so maybe kick it off around Easter and set an end date towards the end of the summer sometime.

If there's enough interest, it might still be worthwhile (ie I'd like to try) talking to Thomann re some sort of deal on them, or perhaps some sort of donated prize, see if we could do some joint PR too.  If nothing else, they'd get a fair amount of exposure via theFB and if the guitars are even just halfway decent, they'd get some positive publicity for those guitars and for Thomann generally that they'd not be able to buy (other than through a Guitarist 4.5 star review of course).

Need to start up an "idea for the 2015 challenge" in the M&M section, and a pointer-to-it thread in the main Gear section too, see what interest there is ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Wouldn't it be funny as hell if that tremolo stays in perfect tune and doesn't need an upgrade !!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

TTony said:
    Alnico said:
    What say you ?

I'd say that it's a good idea.

Good, cheap start point (well, cheap anyway, we'd have to see how good it was!) with plenty of models to choose from.  

No idea on what sort of timing would suit people, but I think some are still finishing off their kit builds from last year, so maybe kick it off around Easter and set an end date towards the end of the summer sometime.

If there's enough interest, it might still be worthwhile (ie I'd like to try) talking to Thomann re some sort of deal on them, or perhaps some sort of donated prize, see if we could do some joint PR too.  If nothing else, they'd get a fair amount of exposure via theFB and if the guitars are even just halfway decent, they'd get some positive publicity for those guitars and for Thomann generally that they'd not be able to buy (other than through a Guitarist 4.5 star review of course).

Need to start up an "idea for the 2015 challenge" in the M&M section, and a pointer-to-it thread in the main Gear section too, see what interest there is ...
    Fantastic.........
    Good ideas @TTony
    For now i will leave it with you but i'm right behind this and will help with any aspect so keep in touch and let me know what i can do to help as and when.

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    Great idea re the competition...especially if we can get a bulk discount of some sort too!

Id be down, but would have to be soon as il leave the country in about 3 months!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    I like the idea of a challenge. Be happy to go as extreme as I did on the G4M kit challenge too
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited January 2015
    Can we include the Harley Benton basses in this challenge too? I fancy doing one of those up as it happens, neck through for £200 :D tbh, I'd probably just end up polishing the frets and giving it a setup and leave it at that.
    https://bdbo.thomann.de/thumb/bdb1600/pics/bdbo/5072067.jpg
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited January 2015
    Aw bollocks.
    I've found my next bass, and yes. It has too many strings https://m.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_bz_7000_nt.htm?ref=mal_a_1

If someone really does get in touch with Thomann, can you please ask them to sort the scale length on their 7 and 8 strings out? The 7 should be 27" and the 8 should be 28"+
    25.5" is far too short.
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • cacophonycacophony Frets: 385
    i`m a strat man through and through, but took a punt a few months back on a harley benton `vt` series les paul in honeyburst. it`s a hell of a lot of guitar for the money. made in the same korean factory that makes them for epiphone, beautifully finished, well set up straight out of the box, wilkinson HB pups, and all for £115 shipped.

what`s not to like!?.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302

cacophony said:
    i`m a strat man through and through, but took a punt a few months back on a harley benton `vt` series les paul in honeyburst. it`s a hell of a lot of guitar for the money. made in the same korean factory that makes them for epiphone, beautifully finished, well set up straight out of the box, wilkinson HB pups, and all for £115 shipped.

what`s not to like!?.
    Really?  Wow, I had assumed China and not for a minute doubted that I was correct.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27494
    edited January 2015
    sinbaadi said:
    cacophony said:
    Really?  Wow, I had assumed China and not for a minute doubted that I was correct.
    I'd be amazed if they didn't come out of China - I don't see any profit margin anywhere if they're Korean ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I've got : HB-35, the Prinz Tele and the Rosewood Tele. All much, much better than their price would suggest. Definitely worth picking them up. They sound good too.
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Pretty sure they are all Chinese made... I'm going to get one of the '62 Strats in black and possibly a P90 Goldtop.