A 2015 mod a Harley Benton guitar challenge?

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27497
    Nomad said:
    dindude said:
    Not wishing to be party pooper, but why don't we just buy the damn Thomann guitars. The Euro's shit at the moment and their standard Tele can be had for under £50, or an easy under £60 with shipping. Why tye obsession for recognition?

Agreed. If they had been quick to respond, and maybe offered a small discount or prize, then fine. Since they haven't, I don't see the point in trawling around trying to find another retailer to do it. Unless I'm missing something (and I could be), getting some sort of deal with a retailer wasn't the point of it in the first place.

Firstly, there's nothing stopping people ordering from Thomann.  Some already have.

Secondly, the amount of coverage that they're likely to get as a result of this challenge is what people pay big money for - think "product placement" - particularly given how highly Google rates threads on here, and how many separate threads there will be once the compo gets going.

So I asked Thomann if they'd be interested in "supporting" the entrants - maybe free p&p, or a discount, or perhaps a compo prize.  I suggested those options but left it completely open.  Nothing for "us" (ie theFB coffers), just looking for some sort of benefit for "you".

If they'd replied but declined, so be it, we'd have probably gone ahead anyway.  As you say, they're cheap enough.

My frustration is that they've not bothered to reply despite @themeinside trying on Twitter, and me trying 3 separate email addys over the past week or so.

But, as I said, I was only trying to get something for you guys.  If you're not bothered, I'll stop bothering!

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Also, may have changed my mind on the model... might attempt to produce a replica of the Gibson Kirk Hammett Flying V :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    TTony said:
    But, as I said, I was only trying to get something for you guys.  If you're not bothered, I'll stop bothering!

Don't you dare stop bothering now!!!  lol
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'll carry on with the Twitter bothering then, eh @entee? ;D (that sounded kind of rude...)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I think we may be bigging ourselves up too much. I agree with the other post, lets get on with it!
  • I'm a bit gutted Thomann haven't replied, as I really like the way they operate. Try the marketing manager?

http://www.e-commercefacts.com/background/2011/06/thomann/
    I've had a reply from T.  Their Marketing dept are now considering it.

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    ^^ And that's why patience is a virtue. Free p&p would be lovely.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    AGG do necks and bodies too. £25 strat neck? I may buy one just to check out the quality, at the very least I'll have something I can bolt to the body whilst I'm finishing it.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896

B-stock 7 string bass now on there for £202:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_bz_7000_nt_b_stock.htm

• Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248

B-stock 7 string bass now on there for £202:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_bz_7000_nt_b_stock.htm

If thats still there when I have the cash I'll jump on it
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
  • Bass Bass Bass Bass.

On board, got this coming my way now -

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_pb_50_sb_vintage_series.htm

Plan is for headstock re-shape, vintage tint for neck possibly with decal fit, white pearloid pickguard, and fit some standard P bass bridge and pup covers rather than 51 covers, just to see what it looks like as prefer the look of the standard covers. Upgrading electrics too.

Hooray!

• enteeentee Frets: 93
    My SG 600-VI has turned up!  Feels nice in the hand, action pretty good too.  Will start a thread and upload photos later  :)
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited January 2015
    As I said in the Vouchers thread- My €40 voucher arrived today, making my preferred TE52 tele an eye watering €85 (£64)!!!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I've created a new sub-section under this section and moved @WezV 's thread into it.

Everyone else - start your modding threads in there too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16672
    I have just left my review for the shorty.   Won't let me leave one for the B-stock Mini-RG.  something to consider as I only saved a few pounds by going for B-stock, but if it means I won't get a voucher for leaving a nice review I may have actually lost out on a few pounds

WezV said:
    I have just left my review for the shorty.   Won't let me leave one for the B-stock Mini-RG.  something to consider as I only saved a few pounds by going for B-stock, but if it means I won't get a voucher for leaving a nice review I may have actually lost out on a few pounds

Can you not leave a review under the non B-stock RG? Ping Thomann an email, presumably you can't leave a review on a B-stock item as they vary in B stockishness.
    'Awibble'
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16672

I'm not too worried - just something to consider

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11896
    WezV said:

I'm not too worried - just something to consider

you can only do up to 50 Euro of reviews anyway, so best to look on it as a postponement, since you can never get more than 50
    I remember reading on the site that although they cap it at €50, they will do something appropriate for you should you go out of your way to help and review more than that.
    'Awibble'