Is 12 painkillers.....

What's Hot
mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

too much since 6-30 this morning?

I'm guessing yes............

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Unless you have taken them with beer. Then everything will be just peachy and you will have a great day!
    @-)
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Depends what they are?
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    Depends what they are but probably a tad excessive

I currently on volatrol, paracetamol, codeine, diazepam and amatriptline for sciatica caused by a ruptured disk.  

Im up to 6 painkillers but thats since 4.00am when the pain woke me.  Just need to hang on another hour before I can have some more.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Depends what they are but probably a tad excessive

I currently on volatrol, paracetamol, codeine, diazepam and amatriptline for sciatica caused by a ruptured disk.  

Im up to 6 painkillers but thats since 4.00am when the pain woke me.  Just need to hang on another hour before I can have some more.
    Ooof ! Ouch-erama ! :((
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Are they Paracetamol or paracetamol based ?  Serious - don't fuck about with paracetamol.  It can kill.

If you've taken 12 x 500mg paracetamol in just five hours I would be phoning a doctor immediately.  DO NOT FUCK ABOUT - PARACETAMOL KILLS.

This is not a joke mate....  what tablets are they ????
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    If they're ibuprofen, then keep chugging, it's all good... if it's mega strength codeine or diazepam then perhaps somewhat too many
    edited August 2013
    I was chatting to a nurse once who told me the sad tale of a young lad who'd taken loads of paracetamol in a 'cry for help' suicide attempt.  He passed out and ended up in hospital.  They pumped his stomach out and gave him all the anti-paracetamol drugs etc, and when he came round he was very apologetic and felt like an idiot etc etc, but......  they had to tell him he was going to die anyway, because his liver was now irreparably damaged and, being a suicide attempt, rather than an illness, he stood almost no chance of a liver transplant.  He was naturally fairly upset about this, and shortly after, he did indeed die.

Don't EVER take more than 8 x 500mg paracetamol in any 24h period.
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Solpadeine max.

I deliberately didn't take any over the weekend, and my pain is fucking massive.

In context, I've never taken pain killers for broken/cracked bones.

I can't take Ibuprofen, as it'll  affect my Crohn's......

@Emp_Fab, I'm safe, I have some good friends around me at work, who are keeping an eye on me

@thumpingrug, I feel your pain sir.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Yeah, a lot of paracetamol suicides take a wee while... and even more just don't work - there's probably little worse than waking up after your supposed death feeling like you've been kicked in the liver by a heard of angry horses vomiting and cramping up like a pretzel only to realise you're still ticking and going to keep on ticking
    mike_l said:

@Emp_Fab, I'm safe, I have some good friends around me at work, who are keeping an eye on me

Solpadeine Max is 500mg paracetamol and a little bit of codeine. Ring your doctor - NOW. You have taken significantly over the daily maximum amount of paracetamol in just a few hours. No amount of 'good friends around you' will be able to stop liver damage. You may think I'm being alarmist, and granted, I'm not medically qualified, but I do know that you have overdosed on paracetamol and that paracetamol irreversibly destroys the liver, which leads to death. Whether 6 grams of paracetamol is enough to cause you serious damage, I can't say - BUT - a doctor can. Ring your GP now - and tell the receptionist why you are calling. Don't be a tit. This is not something you want to be gambling with.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @mike_l  Cheers.  Id like to say that gives me great comfort, but at the moment nothing does.

• bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    edited August 2013
    Emp_Fab said:
    mike_l said:

Solpadeine Max is 500mg paracetamol and a little bit of codeine. Ring your doctor - NOW. You have taken significantly over the daily maximum amount of paracetamol in just a few hours. No amount of 'good friends around you' will be able to stop liver damage. You may think I'm being alarmist, and granted, I'm not medically qualified, but I do know that you have overdosed on paracetamol and that paracetamol irreversibly destroys the liver, which leads to death. Whether 6 grams of paracetamol is enough to cause you serious damage, I can't say - BUT - a doctor can. Ring your GP now - and tell the receptionist why you are calling. Don't be a tit. This is not something you want to be gambling with.
    this in very big buckets -  the damage that paracetamol causes is symptom-less at first -  its a slow/silent degeneration.  Id speak to a Doc......... just to be sure
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    Emp_Fab said:
    mike_l said:

Once more i find myself agreeing with Emp.  Death from accidentally liver damage is as nasty as its gets,

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, judging by what Emp said I would be ringing the doctor.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."

Thanks for your concern guys.

I am seeing the docs regularly, and they know what, and how much I'm taking.

I will also say that I won't take them for more than a couple of days without a break from them

• Pain distorts ones rational thinking, and the amount of pain you're in to warrant such medicative control sounds extremely significant. Mike at the very least ring 111 and ask advice. Personally I'd be sat in A&E at this very moment  - I'm not trying to be a smart arse here, this has potential to get serious. 

Take good care. 
    Okaaaaaaay.... but if you end up dead, don't come back on here saying I didn't warn you.

Joking aside - if it were one of my family, I'd be on the phone right now.  However - it's your life.
    See... while you might feel okie dokie now, painkillers wear off, then you'll want more - your liver is going to get something of a hammering over the rest of the day...

Thanks @ourmaninthenorth.

Pain doesn't usually affect my thinking/body. I had a colonoscopy a  couple of weeks ago, with no sedation. My heart rate didn't change for the whole time.

When I next see the doc (wednesday) I shall enquire about alternative pain relief.

Again, thanks everyone for your concerns

• Take care Pal, hope you get some let up soon.