Faint praise

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
Great quote from open mic. night last night: Bar lady "are you singing tonight?" - my reply "no, I'm playing bass" - her reply "well you're joining in then. . . "
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    :))
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • where was this open mic night?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    The Artichoke in Moulton.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Any barmaid pics? Wife's crocheting. (Can't complain tho, makes a fortune with demand from Mumsnet loonies).
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    At my mates gig one of the locals shouted "That's the best thing you've done all night"

"but it was still shit "
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    At my mates gig one of the locals shouted "That's the best thing you've done all night"

"but it was still shit "

One of my most endearing gig memories is of a gig at The Old Fox in Gateshead, packed bar, blinding cover of some flamin Bad Co track, thunderous applause, and two piss soaked ancient wimmin codgers sitting at the back, who had not moved all night because they were i) piss soaked ii) piss soaked iii) pissed iv) incredibly aged, shouted, "That was shit!".

I howled with the laughter   :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    "Your band sounds great, just like a real band" is one I've had on more than a couple of occasions :D.

I had a band review in a music paper years ago which said "the lead guitarist seemed out of place, like Neil Young jamming with Rush" - which I doubt was meant as a compliment (since the rest of the review was a bit condescending) but was actually exactly the effect I was aiming for :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JeremiahJeremiah Frets: 631
    "Great lyrics - it would be even better if you could sing."
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Paul_C said:
    Great quote from open mic. night last night: Bar lady "are you singing tonight?" - my reply "no, I'm playing bass" - her reply "well you're joining in then. . . "

Consider yourself lucky.

When I get up to play at jam nights, one of the barstaff emerges with some wire cutters and cuts all my strings.

>:D<

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)