Pickup replacement for SG

What's Hot
As the modding challenge draws close to start, I have decided on the SG custom 3 pickup guitar as my base; http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_s600_vi_vintage_series.htm.
The biggest decision I have is what pickups to change the standard ones with - they are currently 3x Wilkinson Alnico-V Humbuckers.  I had thought of dropping in P-Rails in neck and bridge, with A N Other in the middle, although not sure what would complement the Ps.
Anyone got any ideas or recommendations for swap outs?  I am looking for something that sounds 'different' - I already play with DiMarzios, TV Jones, P90s, and Gibson HBs.  I like the idea of splitting the coils a la P-Rails....
Over to you knowledable lot....
Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3127
    How about a humbucker-sized true P90?  You could wire it up to blend it into any pickup combination with one of the rotary pots...  
    Above assumes you were alreadyputting in P-rails for the bridge and neck (which I would thoroughly recommend)...
  • enteeentee Frets: 93
    Yes I'd like P-rails in B and N. I thought an HB size P90 would go well in middle but I'd need advice/schematic on wiring it all up :-)
    Vox 24, Variax 700, Epiphone Dot Studio (Cats Whiskers pups, custom inlay, custom pickguard), Gretsch 5238T (P90s/B3), Gibson Les Paul Zoot (rainbow), Gretsch 5135 PS, 'Graick' G2312TVR, BarileleBo (electric baritone ukulele G6199).
  • Since you've got such a big space for pickups what about something more radical, such as separate pickups for each string, each switched left or right to a stereo jack?
    Since you've got such a big space for pickups what about something more radical, such as separate pickups for each string, each switched left or right to a stereo jack?
    I think that would be waaay outside my limited scope of knowledge!  Interesting concept though  :) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It would need a bit of adapting, but the principles of using a blend knob to feed in the middle pickup would be the same as this strat mod in the link here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    thank you @Andyj1515 - I'd like to make a 'complicated' switching arrangement, to get as many tones out of the three pickups as possible.  So splittable HBs in the neck and bridge, with maybe a P90, in the middle, but I am open to suggestions  :)