SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Cornell Romany Plus

What's Hot
thewiddlerthewiddler Frets: 31
edited January 2015 in Amps £
With a heavy heart (and lighter wallet from a NAD this weekend) I'm putting my Cornell Romany Plus up for sale. 

Stunning cleans, lush valve reverb and a by-passable EQ stack so it can be either tweed princeton or champ-esque. Handwired point-to-point by Denis Cornell in Southend. 

This is the two-power loud/soft version so 10-watt or 2-watt options, but don't let that put you off as the 10-watt setting sounds the best and it's amazing with OD/fuzz pedals. I tried a more modern version a few years back and frankly the .5 and .1-watt settings were a bit fizzy and not that great IMHO. It's also covered in an lacquered tweed that looks less anaemic than the more recent Romanys.  

I've replaced the stock speaker with a 12" Weber 12f50 which sounds lovely. My plan is to put the stock back (Jensen MOD-70) and keep the Weber but happy to negotiate... Also comes with fitted padded vinyl cover.

I'm in Hertford.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• llewllew Frets: 78
    Great amp's.
  • They are indeed great. I should have added that this currently has a 6V6 in but I've a 6L6 and EL34 that I'll chuck in too. It's interesting to see how each changes the tone and feel of the amp - quite noticeable in such a simple circuit.
    I never knew you could put a 6v6 in them? I'l have to try that.
  • True story @llew ... It brings the headroom down a bit and I think there's a bit less low end and slightly raspier upper mids than a 6L6.
    Cool i'l try that cheers.
  • They are indeed great. I should have added that this currently has a 6V6 in but I've a 6L6 and EL34 that I'll chuck in too. It's interesting to see how each changes the tone and feel of the amp - quite noticeable in such a simple circuit.
    Very much so and it reacts to preamp valve changes in the same way. You can easily hear the difference between a JJ 12ax7 and an old Mullard or RCA for instance. Lovely amps and this is a steal of a price. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This is just what I've been looking for! A friend put me onto this post. Would you consider posting at all? Many thanks.
  • Replied to your PM, Adam. Yes happy to arrange a courier...
  • On hold....
  • And like that... (woosh) ...it's gone.