sd2 led not working

mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
having had a play using my boss sd2, i noticed the led wasnt lighting.
Is this easy to replace, and what parts would i need to get?

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    I hope this isn't insulting your intelligence, but have you tried changing the battery? :) On quite a lot of pedals the pedal circuit will continue working right down to quite a low battery voltage, but the LED doesn't always. I would be surprised if it was actually a dead LED since it's two separate red and green LEDs in one casing, and I don't think it's very likely that both halves would die at the same time.

If the LED is definitely dead, you need a bi-colour 3mm one for this pedal. It's not too hard to change.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Hey Mike! I assume this is the one I sold you? I do recall that if I tried to use the remote switch with a non-supported type of control, the switching would stop working completely; I think those pedals REQUIRE a NC signal in the external switch input. Just a thought, probably nothing to do with it. But as IC says, I'd be really surprised if the LED was dead!
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    yes, i've tried a different battery, and a mains unit.
    Hey Drew, yes its your old sd2, i'm really happy with it sounds wise.
    I was also surprised the led has packed up.
    Thanks for the info and help i shall get it fixed this weekend

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72514
    Check it's actually the LED that's dead before you replace it. Meter the voltage across it with the pedal on.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein