Concept dunno what category this fits into

What's Hot
Hi all, I had a idea how about we lend equipment to each other that we want to buy So I say I want to buy a looper and person a) has a looper they aren't using and wouldn't mind lending it me for a week or a set time this would allow me to use the looper and see if its the one I want or not this would save me the expense or buying equipment I don't like. Now I know it's not fool proof but it is just a concept but is this something we could set up
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1568
    Doesn't seem like something the forum would formally setup to me, but you can always just post a thread asking if anybody local has whatever that they'd be willing to let you try - some folks here have got together to try each others' gear. You could also invite feedback / opinions. I'm guessing you've not got shops close enough by, or you're interested in older stuff? There's also the occasional 'gear fests'.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5037
    Anyone got a 1959 Les Paul they could lend me for a couple of weeks/years/decades...? :D
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I just thought as a community we could lend each other gear in a formalised way thus stopping a forumite buying a product based on the brief window in to take it home decide its not for them and lose cash on it and this could be old or new gear And I am in the middle of a current relocation to Republic of Ireland so don't think it is something I could realistic use
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    I wouldnt trust any of the bastards on here

just saying like   
    :D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    As soon as something ends up damaged there will be problems. I think that loans only work with people you know personally.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3588
    Gearfests are a great way of getting hands on.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ESBlonde said:
    Gearfests are a great way of getting hands on.

This - the whole point of the Gearfest get-togethers was to enable forum members to try others' gear out. 

Any attempt by us (the forum admins) to set up such a thing would inevitably result in arguments over liability when the process goes wrong.

For what it's worth, though, I once volunteered for Drew to borrow my Flashback, and it came back unscathed. That was, however, a transaction based purely on individual trust.
    <space for hire>