Fretboard Task 3 October 2013

What's Hot

Comments

• viz said:
    So you used to be nice but now you're handsome? Great grungy riff btw and Stickster I loved yours, especially Space - reminded me a little of Skeletal Family and the lovely stan greenwood.
    @Viz, my secret is out, and thanks for the feedback. 

Like @Basher requested at the end of the last task, I think we really should get away from the Blue Peter style of responding to these tasks, and get more into the spirit of them. To this end I shall record a new one, I have just written for this task, over the next few days.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    edited October 2013
    Well mine is obviously even worse than I though it was ..... so I'm going to delete it and have another go at the weekend.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    This lump of riffage was for a game that my mate was writing. He never finished the game and I never finished the song. 

It's from a time when D&B was the future :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10694
    daveww said:
    Well mine is obviously even worse than I though it was ..... so I'm going to delete it and have another go at the weekend.

I liked your 3rd one very much but forgot to say so because I was so annoyed about nobody saying nice things about mine :)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Monq that's great, you should finish it. With more widdles!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    daveww said:

I liked your 3rd one very much but forgot to say so because I was so annoyed about nobody saying nice things about mine :)
    No worries viz and thanks for the kind words.  They were all pretty bad.  Usually when I record stuff I cringe when I first hear but after a day or so I think it's not too bad.  I still continued to cringe at these..........

I do think they should be restricted to the task though and not previously made recordings but hey ho nobody put me in charge ;)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    Sorry I haven't replied or listened to others- been REALLY busy in the workshop.
    I will soon though.
  • It's from a time when D&B was the future :D
    That would be about 20 years ago, Grandad. :D
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537

daveww said:
    I do think they should be restricted to the task though and not previously made recordings but hey ho nobody put me in charge ;)
    I does agree with this, although I fell foul of it this time round.

As some (well none really) recompence I just had a little go at something else. Gave me an excuse to wheel out the guilty pleasure Charvel, please don't judge me.

X_X
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7960
    edited October 2013
    Here is my Blue Peter "here's one I did earlier" one.

I will try to record a fresh one before the end of the month.

@dindude, love the octaves (sounded the same way as Vai does them), and the solo! and the riff! Would love to hear that with a bass following the same line. and @guitarfishbay, that was also wicked - very funky and aggressive, reminded me a tad of RHCP :) wow what a lot of talent we have here!

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Some excellent stuff but dindude is the riffmeister  up to now imo. Hope this thread runs and runs its a breath of fresh air on the forum and if i wasnt such a neanderthal i would have taken part so appologies for that and well done all.
    edited October 2013
    Last-ditch attempt from me to spark some love for the Persian scale :)

This is the 4th mode, which I think sounds pretty interesting, though the first mode (which would be the same notes as in the twiddle at the end, though thinking of E as the root) is also nice. Also the 2nd mode, with F as root, is an amazing adaptation of the blues scale, extraordinarily enough.
    Is anyone else going to have a go at some rifflitudinal activitah?
    edited October 2013
    @viz some great playing there. Very impressive!
    @dindude as said by others definitely the riffmeister here.  Great stuff!  If it was a full track I might even buy it!

To all the rest of you some good stuff all round and looking forward to hearing your next proper posts for the task.  Your a talented lot and much better at this than me that's for sure.

I'm finding it hard to get anything good and ordinal but here's my updated attempt.  If I can come up with anything any good over the weekend I'll post another......

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17609
    tFB Trader
    viz said:
    Monq that's great, you should finish it. With more widdles!
    Fanks Mr Viz

One day when my widdling powers are strong I shall return to it :D
    edited October 2013
    Awesome! And fanx @daveww :) oooh yours is nice - that tone on your lead is gorgeous, soft yet crunchy.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Thanks for the kind comments peeps. I haven't got around to listening to anything past the first half of page one, will take a listen tonight.
    @viz you is way too kind  :)
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Some good stuff here. I particularly liked the stuff by @dindude and @octatonic