Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Singer vent

What's Hot
stedsted Frets: 259
Really felt like kicking ours in the bollocks tonight, are all singers such frigging drama queens?

Sorry, couldn't find the shit/boil/piss thread, rant over.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Don't apologise and the answer to your question is "in general, yes!".
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vocalist, eurgh. A necessary evil.

I'm not racist, but all the good ones seem to have some underlying issue.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    I have very, very rarely met a good singer who isn't a complete arse in at least some way.  Comes with the territory.  If you think about it, if someone was a completely balanced, sensible, considerate human being, would they still get up there and yell at strangers for a couple of hours?
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Mine's fine, but then again he's a guitarist who's been coerced into singing. Think that makes a difference, singers who don't play an instrument are generally harder to work with.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• Bane of my life!

• Fuzzdog;506628" said:
    I have very, very rarely met a good singer who isn't a complete arse in at least some way.  Comes with the territory.  If you think about it, if someone was a completely balanced, sensible, considerate human being, would they still get up there and yell at strangers for a couple of hours?
    Apparently, lead guitarists can come a close second. I remember kicking off about some vocalist not knowing the song and singing over the solo.
  • @Sted, what happened to push you to annoyance?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Vocalists ? Pah ! Drummers - they're the true sociopaths !!!!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    @Sted, what happened to push you to annoyance?

Ahh, he's just a sulky twat, if you don't agree with him on set list, venues anything he goes all moody and says " my heads battered with this" , just winds me up after you go to work all day, slog your gear about and have to put up with bullshit mood swings
  • Try battering his head and see if he notices the difference between 'literally' and 'actually'?

At least he helps carry the gear ..............................??????????

• The singer vent is called a mouth. It's responsible for much of the tone and clarity but unfortunately is not an upgradeable component.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the singer in my last band claims to be semi-professional, but changes the arrangements of almost every song on a whim and you only find the ones that don't are some bollocks that nobody else has heard
  • At risk of rehashing an old gag,

How do you know when there's a singer at your door?

They can't find the key - and can't remember whether they're suposed to come in or not.

the singer in my last band claims to be semi-professional, but changes the arrangements of almost every song on a whim and you only find the ones that don't are some bollocks that nobody else has heard
    I love the old "semi-pro" claim. Surely everyone who has ever been paid for a gig, even if it's only a free pint, is semi pro?
  • Without meaning to sound sexist but I've found women singers to be a lot easier to work with :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • the singer in my last band claims to be semi-professional, but changes the arrangements of almost every song on a whim and you only find the ones that don't are some bollocks that nobody else has heard

Ian Gillan supposedly changed arrangements and forgot structures a lot and generally drove his bands mad. He still got to be the famous one. :o3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3440
    He doesn't come across well in interviews either.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread

• For me it's bass players. Have had fisticuffs with most on em:)
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Blimey. I must be a mild mannered guy then 'cos it would never come to that for me :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • They know you need them and that is the problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I got so annoyed with past singers I went and learnt to sing myself. 

I only have one rule. I will come to band practice if I am presented with a bowl of green m&m's

:-P

Playing in a band with people that get on your tits never pans out well. 
    The sooner you can cut your losses or replace them the better. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.