Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD - Ishibashi and Pink Paisley content

What's Hot

Comments

• I'd buy from Ishibashi, but I'm too much of a div to work their site.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    gusman2x;525442" said:
    Teetonetal said:

gusman2x said:

Damn it. My wife is always on at me to get a pink guitar, and now I can't get this out of my mind. HNGD

Do it - Ishibashi still have stock.... :)

I know. I've checked already!
    Any chance of a link? I tried to find it but couldn't. Re. Plasticky finish I had a pink paisley Strat a 2004 model and that's how I would describe the finish of the body certainly.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/eng/

Then neavigate to Electric Guitars > Fender Japan > Telecaster
    Only use the text link, otherwise it doesn't work
    click through the pages until you find the pink paisley :) They have a really good selection of guitars!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22824

Can you actually buy direct from  their website/web shop now?

When I bought things from Ishibashi a few years ago you had to arrange it all by a series of emails then they'd send you a link to make the payment.

• @Philly_Q 

No, it still the same, you find the product code, email them with it and your address, they give you the price - sales tax and a link for the payment. Once done you email them back a couple of details so they can link the pay.

then they send out the item without the postcode and town. and Re-ship it a few days later ;)

All in all, easy and works fairly well!
  • Looking at the prices on ishibashi was a mistake.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I like them but I think it would look better if the paisley pattern went right the way up to the neck pup hole.
  • Sassafras said:
    I like them but I think it would look better if the paisley pattern went right the way up to the neck pup hole.
    I guess they don't because of the way they route it... not sure if the Crooks guitars do it though..?
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    GavHaus said:
    Looking at the prices on ishibashi was a mistake.
    Amen brother - I'm ignoring the Ice Blue metallic 62 Telecaster Custom... nope, its not there. Nope. Uh huh. 

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    American Standard Tele are not that much cheaper on there really.....MIJ however !!!

I like this...

or this

or this

or this

If only they tell you how much the guitar weight....
  • Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes.

Yes.

WANT.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    Where do they send the guitar from?  Japan I take it as opposed to a warehouse in the EU?

Just want to work out how much it costs with tax and duty.

How much is shipping? 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited February 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Ishibashi were not allowed to ship new Fender Japan stuff anymore? I thought this had been the case since 2008?

I thought it was just U-Box that they shipped?

Not having a go, just genuinely suprised.

Lovely guitar by the way :)
  • Hmm I don't know. Maybe being in Switzerland and therefore out side of the eu makes a difference?
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Ahhh yeah I bet it does.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    edited February 2015
    Well I'm sure @meltedbuzzbox bought a new jap Jazzmaster from them. In fact, I've played it!!

Why couldn't you buy a new guitar from one country and personally import it to another. I'm not aware that jap guitars are made from banned 'tone woods' - so why do you think it's not possible?
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmann said:
    Well I'm sure @meltedbuzzbox bought a new jap Jazzmaster from them. In fact, I've played it!!

Why couldn't you buy a new guitar from one country and personally import it to another. I'm not aware that jap guitars are made from banned 'tone woods' - so why do you think it's not possible?
    i am pretty sure that IshiBashi can't export MIJ guitars to the USA, I seem to recall seeing it either on their webiste or on one of the emails they sent me. I would think that this is an agreement with Fender rather than actual trade law.

• impmann said:

i am pretty sure that IshiBashi can't export MIJ guitars to the USA, I seem to recall seeing it either on their webiste or on one of the emails they sent me. I would think that this is an agreement with Fender rather than actual trade law.
    I am pretty sure the guys on OSG order from Ishibashi and deliver to USA
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • My best mate is currently living in Japan. I wonder if he could send me a guitar as a gift? Or I would I still be subject to the duties?