anybody ever owned/played a Vintage V6?

What's Hot
I'm very tempted to buy one as they are crazy cheap. I really want a strat and these are veryttempting with the wilkinson hardware. Anybody have opinions? Weight of the guitar is quite important to me!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    The one I had was excellent. Played well and sounded good. Decent hardware and usually a good neck.
  • I had one few years ago as a cheapie for practice and it was really good. I remember I had to sort out a little buzz fret when I first got it, but after setting up - really nice guitar. Nothing fancy, but definitely playable.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Yeah I very briefly owned one of the black relic'ed Icons.
    The relic job was a bit cartoon like but the fit, finish, playability & hardware were all good
  • I played a friends one, it was nice (I don't like strats though, so wasn't overly enamoured). Loads of people seem to really love them, especially the HSS model.
    Make sure you're getting one of the newer ones (with Wilkinson hardware) there are older ones, that don't have it and aren't as well regarded.
    I've got three Vintage brand guitars (A Lemon Drop LP, an SG Jr and a 12 string acoustic) they're all excellent. 
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Yes, ive got one of the relic-ed sunburst Icon ones. Its a really nice little guitar. I replaced the pickups with some SDs but the originals were fine, low output, stratty sounding affairs which were perfectly serviceable. The neck on mine is lovely. I really wasnt that keen on Strats until i got it, it really changed my opinion of them.
    They really are available for buttons second hand. I think i paid £70 off Ebay. 
    Oh, and its nice and light without being flyaway. Well, mine is anyway.
    The best recommendation i can give it is that we're emigrating later on this year and im thinking about buying a cheap hardcase to take a guitar i paid £70 for 5000 miles across the Atlantic in a container with the rest of our stuff - cant say fairer than that for your money!  
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • how many mpg will it give you and wouldn't a straight 4 be easier to maintain? ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    how many mpg will it give you and wouldn't a straight 4 be easier to maintain? ;)
    fangyouverymuchhe'llbehereallweek...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_Pip;525667" said:
    how many mpg will it give you and wouldn't a straight 4 be easier to maintain? ;)
    Probably, yes. But that lovely exhaust note at full throttle...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I have a few Vintage-brand guitars including 3-4 of their strats. Great guitars for the money.