NGD - PRS SE Soapbar II

What's Hot
ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
edited February 2015 in Guitar
Haven't had a NGD in a while and have never had any flavor of PRS before.

Picked this up last night and its very nice - well put together, recently crowned and polished frets, pickups sound great.  But the neck... the neck might take a bit of getting used to!

It's chunky, which I like, but its wide - or feels wide - and I'm just not sure about it. 

Hopefully it'll grow on me. 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    It will... had mine for a few years and is the easiest one to play and get any sound from. It loves every amp available, which cannot be said for any of the others I have. Try it with a proper Tweed... your jaw will unhinge...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/snotmale/Things that make you go Ding/SEllcustom.jpg
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30301
    I've got a single cut version of that, it's one of my favourites. It's very playable and hangs very lightly and comfortably from the strap and I love the big fat neck. I tend to play it mostly on the bridge pick up because I've noticed my amps don't like changing from neck/middle/bridge position without changing the EQ. I think I need to adjust the pickup heights a wee bit.
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
    Cheers lads. Looking forward to giving it a full workout this weekend.
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    I have never been a fan of the SE series as most seem to try to be,to much like the USA range, but yours with the plain flat top and soapbars, looks fantastic HNGD
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Very nice! I've long had an itch for a P90 loaded PRS.
  • Lovely! I used to have a soapbox singlecut in the same finish which i never should've sold. One day I might get another...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5420
    edited February 2015
    Uuurrrggghhhh!!! What's this strange feeling in my stomach??
    Oh no! You're actually giving me GAS for a PRS! A PRS?! I'm not even a lawyer or a dentist.
    This can't end well.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I had a single-cut SE Soapbar for a while and it was fantastic, shouldn't have sold it really but I needed to.

Every other SE I've ever played has felt shite, especially compared to that one. It only cost me £160 as well, at a time when that exact model sold new for £500! Impossible to get one for that price now, they're at least a hundred more.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Nice! Here's my se one - love it! Great neck and p90 sounds awesome. If yours is anything like mine then well done!
    http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah160/jamesbardall/963379C4-32AE-45F4-B9D3-1CF632F129AD_zpsvkb38jkj.jpg