Hardwire Supernatural ambient verb

What's Hot
bntylrbntylr Frets: 8
Just discovered this - http://proguitarshop.com/hardwire-supernatural-reverb.html

Anyone own/owned one? Played one? Knows a friend who watched a video of it on youtube?

Not sure if they're available in the UK but priced well enough to consider importing.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

I've got one. Bought from PGS in the states, only place you can get them (their international delivery/tracking is great)

Not cheap, but those sounds are amazing. The Shimmer and Shine are really what I wanted, and straight away it sounded just like Andy's demos on youtube. If you want those sounds then get one, it'll blow your socks off.

The only thing I don't like is the colour scheme. The black with gold writting looks great until you get on stage with one!

Incidently you should also look at the TC Electronic Trinity Reverb. They were a PGS exclusive version of the Hall of Fame, but now available worldwide. The Ethereal 1 setting on there is glorious.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I have the regular hardwire and it's really nice too.
    If you do order one make sure you sign up to the PGS newsletter first. They give discount codes each month. Also factor in the extra fees once it gets this way of the pond. I did work out the total cost to get it to me, but that's lost on the old MR forum.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dandldandl Frets: 36
    I have one of these too. It really is a great little reverb pedal.
    The more normal sounding reverbs like the spring and plate are really excellent but its the special fx types reverbs where it really shines. 
    +1 to not_the_dj's suggestion of signing up to the news letter I got quite a saving on mine this way. Also just so you know, if I recall correctly PGS declared the pedal at half it's value for import duty purposes.
    You could also do what I have done and go for the Zoom MS-70CDR. It has a whole bunch of Eventide SPACE modelled reverbs in it, and the FLERB algo from the EHX Cathedral - as well as the usual suspects.

You can stack 6 of them up in one preset, which has loads of potential for ambient reverbs. Add to that a bunch of delays and modulation effects, and it's a pretty tantalizing package. Mine has took longer to arrive than I thought it would though, so I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday.
    I'm looking forward to hearing your views on that @drew_fx. I had a G3 for a while and from what I've briefly read it looks like a lot of the mods/delays/verbs from that. Could be well worth it in a single pedal footprint. 
    Lots of extra ones the G3 and MS-50G doesn't have as well @not_the_dj.

A smattering:
    Hmmm. Interesting, very interesting.
    Indeed. First thing I am going to do is see how many SPACE algo's I can stack up one after the other.

(sorry for thread hijack OP!)
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58

Incidently you should also look at the TC Electronic Trinity Reverb. They were a PGS exclusive version of the Hall of Fame, but now available worldwide. The Ethereal 1 setting on there is glorious.

Glad to hear you say this- my nearby Guitar Center has the Trinity in stock.  I never quite knew what it was supposed to be.  If it does shimmer, I WANT it!
    @pyroman

It's not quite a true shimmer on the Trinity. By that I mean having an octave up effect like on the Strymon Bluesky, but someone it somehow gives that impression. It's great to set the pre-delay to long, so the reverb washes in gradually. Great on slow picking or even just simple chords. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • + 1 on the zoom ms70cdr ,just saving for one !
    I was tempted by supernatural and trinity reverb !
    Drew fx is greedy already having supernatural and zoom ms70cdr on order :-)
    No I don't have the Supernatural. I just have the regular Hardwire reverb.
  • bntylrbntylr Frets: 8
    not_the_dj said:

Not cheap, but those sounds are amazing. The Shimmer and Shine are really what I wanted, and straight away it sounded just like Andy's demos on youtube. If you want those sounds then get one, it'll blow your socks off.

It's the shimmer and the shine that I was most interested in. If I were to want good "normal" verbs i'd go for something like that hall of fame. (i'll probably get both at some point) 

Drew_fx said:

(sorry for thread hijack OP!)

You are forgiven; i've not really tried the zoom stuff. I guess I was always put off zoom. When I first started playing a friend of mne had a little multi fx unit and used it for everything; it sounded awful. :P

Post some clips of yours when it arrives!
    Will do :)
    I had the same feeling about Zoom stuff, all based on a horrid little FX unit a band mate on my first band had. 

I had a Hall of Fame when I got the Supernatural, but I still kept hold of both, using the HoF for gigging (pub rock covers) but using the Supernatural for my own stuff at home. However I've just 'upgraded' to the TC Trinity which is on my main gigging board now and I sold the HoF. 

Certain sounds from the Supernatural are pretty unique, and even the 'usual' ones like spring and hall need go mad if you crank them up too much, it's certainly not a subtle pedal.
  • bntylrbntylr Frets: 8
    I must try the trinity. Could work well as a single pedal until I get round to getting the supernatural.

Would love something like the bluesky but I don't think I'd use it enough. And I'd rather spend the dosh on an el capistan. :D
  • PyromanPyroman Frets: 58
      So, I see a trip to GC to try the Trinity in my future.  I may even order the Supernatural for the shimmer and shine settings.  The video posted above certainly sounds nice!