SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gone man, solid gone!

What's Hot
rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 833
edited November 2013 in Guitars £
Gone man solid gone!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I dont have the money... but I do have a desire to see this beauty
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump now with pics!
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 833
    edited October 2013
    Bump may do a deal on a boo-teek combo/head or a guitar plus cash my way.
  • Bump
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    good to have you back mate :) great price for a full brazzy neck too

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    edited October 2013
    Sorry to disappoint but that looks an awful lot like a mahogany neck to me. This run was only offered with a BRW fingerboard & headstock overlay, iirc there was an Indian RW neck option to compliment them though. The only non-PS run of guitars that had full BRW neck & fingerboards were a run of Singlecuts from around 2000. Lovely guitar none-the-less though. :) *edit* If there was any doubt, then the gloss finish, and the inked serial number would allay it. PRS' RW necks have no finish, and stamped serials?
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    Sorry to disappoint but that looks an awful lot like a mahogany neck to me. This run was only offered with a BRW fingerboard & headstock overlay, iirc there was an Indian RW neck option to compliment them though. The only non-PS run of guitars that had full BRW neck & fingerboards were a run of Singlecuts from around 2000. Lovely guitar none-the-less though. :) *edit* If there was any doubt, then the gloss finish, and the inked serial number would allay it. PRS' RW necks have no finish, and stamped serials?
    That's one of the Brazilian Limited Edition run (500 each of cu22, cu24 and McCarty), the neck itself isn't BRW but either the usual mahogany or (if specified) Indian Rosewood. I have a McCarty BLE with the IRW neck.

For non private stock, you could get a solid BRW neck with the initial run of the 513 models - I had one, the neck was a thing of beauty! There was also a small run (250) of early McCartys with solid BRW necks as well.

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5019
    Tis with a heavy heart but I have come to the conclusion that I need to let this one go. 2003 Solid Brazilian rosewood neck (it really makes a huge difference to the tone and slays a standard Custom 22) curly top and birds.

I also thought the back of the neck looked more like mahogany than rosewood.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • wibble said:
    For non private stock, you could get a solid BRW neck with the initial run of the 513 models - I had one, the neck was a thing of beauty! There was also a small run (250) of early McCartys with solid BRW necks as well.

Good point! I completely forgot about those two!
  • Pulled these from a PRS at the weekend. When people say the pickups were crap they really were during this period.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 833
    edited October 2013
    Ah as there is one on ebay at the moment (for over 2 grand!) I can confirm this has a Brazilian rosewood fretboard and headstock overlay. Sorry for the mid-information guys! Thanks for pointing it out.
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 339

Nice guitar Boyo

Good to have you back

• Cheers Steve.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27475
    wibble said:
    For non private stock, you could get a solid BRW neck with the initial run of the 513 models - I had one, the neck was a thing of beauty! 
    Oh yes.  I have one!  (was it yours???)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    TTony said:
    wibble said:
    For non private stock, you could get a solid BRW neck with the initial run of the 513 models - I had one, the neck was a thing of beauty! 
    Oh yes.  I have one!  (was it yours???)
    yep :D

• Bump
  • Got any pics of the Brz fingerboard?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Got one on now can do more tomorrow in daylight pm me your email addy if you want em
  • hello, have sent a pm, where are you located, mike b.
  • Hi Mike I have no pm but I am in Salisbury in Wiltshire.