This changes everything - TC toneprint editor can now save your toneprints

What's Hot
http://www.tcelectronic.com/toneprint-editor/support/
Mentioned on their facebook page today.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited October 2013
    I really must get round to firing this up at some point.

Does that mean people will be able to save and share tone prints then? That'd be rather excellent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    It changes nothing really...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    not_the_dj;51453" said:
    I really must get round to firing this up at some point.

Does that mean people will be able to save and share tone prints then? That'd be rather excellent.
    +1 on this.
    Been trying to decide if I should sell or revive my X4 but if someone can share some bonza toneprints (I am assuming I am too thick to create anything worth while with the editor) then it becomes a keeper.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Drew_fx said:
    I can see how it would change a lot for people who use it, but...one of the big reasons for me getting the Flashback over the DL-8 (I have both anyway now, natch) was the TonePrint functionality. I've been through most of the TonePrints that might interest me, though, and not one of them has proven more useful to me than the 2290 (built-in) and modulated delay (built-in). Shame, really, because it's a great idea.

I suspect it might be more useful on the modulation pedals, though, since they're basically identical in terms of the internals and differ only in terms of the presets.
    <space for hire>
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
    gotta say I was about to offlload my Hall of Fame till I discovered the ChurchofAndy toneprint. And now I've figured out the editor it's definitely staying. Well, for the week anyway

• Drew_fx said:
    I can see how it would change a lot for people who use it, but...one of the big reasons for me getting the Flashback over the DL-8 (I have both anyway now, natch) was the TonePrint functionality. I've been through most of the TonePrints that might interest me, though, and not one of them has proven more useful to me than the 2290 (built-in) and modulated delay (built-in). Shame, really, because it's a great idea.

I suspect it might be more useful on the modulation pedals, though, since they're basically identical in terms of the internals and differ only in terms of the presets.
    Interestingly you can create toneprints (including a few on the editor as preset examples, but that aren't available on the regular toneprint app) that allow you to save pure modulation effects as toneprints on the delay. I use 3 of my 4 toneprint slots on my X4 in this way.
    Yes, pure modulation and a more reverb like toneprint suddenly makes the x4/ flashback that bit more flexible.
  • Drew_fx;51478" said:
    As it's been there for a while....

Van_Hayden;51708" said:
    [quote="Drew_fx;51478"]It changes nothing really...

[/quote]
    it changes things for those of us who previously couldn't be arsed. Now it looks like someone else can do the hard bit it suddenly becomes useful.
  • Van_Hayden;51708" said:
    [quote="Drew_fx;51478"]It changes nothing really...

[/quote]

The main thing for me at least is that it allows me to save interesting sounds for later, rather than thinking "oh I would update the toneprint on my vibrato to something else to give it a try, but I spent ages tweaking my weird and wonderful phasey wobble and I don't want to lose it".
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133

littlethoughts said:   The main thing for me at least is that it allows me to save interesting sounds for later, rather than thinking "oh I would update the toneprint on my vibrato to something else to give it a try, but I spent ages tweaking my weird and wonderful phasey wobble and I don't want to lose it".
    An immensely powerful editor to get control of the heart of the effect, lots of parameters to fine tune, and only one setting = save it or lose it.  Mad.  Save it by writing the settings down with a pencil and paper, not exactly a hi-tech solution, and just so last century...

The ability to create a library is like night and day, as littlethoughts pretty much says above, I think it is a game changer in the use of TCs pedals, all power to them for adding the facility.  ( But why on earth wasn't it part of the first release? )

• Apart from the iPhone app would appear to have corrupted a load of my toneprints....

I agree it's very very cool when it works. Now I don't need another pedal, I don't need another pedal.....AxeFX should have cured me of this disease.