SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - '65 Gibson Lyre Vibrola - PRICE DROP

What's Hot
RoxRox Frets: 2147
edited April 2015 in Parts £
I bought this chrome Gibson Vibrola for my 1969 Melody Maker.  However, I've since bought an Epiphone TV Pelham Blue SG with a vibrola, so the Melody Maker is back to being a hard tail.

When I bought this, it was described as a Gibson Vibrola from a 1965 SG Standard.  It comes with six screws for fitting to an SG, but they are not the original screws, as there were none when I bought it.  The mounting screws for the Gibson Vibrola plate are original.  You can tell there's plenty of age to it - but I think the arm mounting screw is not original.

Obviously there are scuffs and scratches - it's nearly 50 years old - so if you're looking for a museum piece, this isn't it.  There's some missing chrome on the spring - you can see it on the photos.  Relic and road worn are all the rage these days, so if you're looking for a vibrola to put on your Gibson with a real age to it (rather than some idiot using a belt sander) - this is a brilliant place to start.

Setting a price was difficult for this; ones of this age are often listed on US eBay for upwards of £600 (surely in the US they're easier to find!), and when you calculate the import duties, it's quite a wedge.

Here's a link to one listed on eBay US where the price is £615!  (The duty on import would work out at something like 20% - so all told, £735 to import!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960s-Gibson-Maestro-Lyre-Vibrola-Nickel-Tailpiece-SG-Firebird-1964-1963-0126-/181652052145?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2a4b4e58b1

So, I've set the price at slightly more than a reproduction - which retail at £300 for a Gibson branded one (although those aren't actually Gibson originals).

It's for sale or trade - tempt me, and offers welcome.

PRICE DROP:  £260

Hope that sounds fair.  Open to anything trade-wise, but I'm through the heavy metal pointy stage in my life.  :D

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments