NPD - Neo

What's Hot
thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa183/lyndos/Ventilator.jpg

Looking forward to getting my Twin back from servicing on Saturday so I can hook it up and try it properly :-)

Well worth working the guitar show all weekend for the price I got it too!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    noooiiice!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    oh, very, very nice :) enjoy - i have only heard good things about this one
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    have you told @Gassage yours is bigger than his?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Excellent choice.  I love my mini and haven't had any complaints about it being too small to be fully satisfactory.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited March 2015
    I'm sure @Gassage knew deep down :-)

I thought I'd go for the full size one as it has everything immediately at the fingertips. Can't wait to hear it with my Twin, roll on tomorrow… plus I can finally give my Moogerfooger Delay a proper go then too.

I've actually ordered some ACS custom moulded earplugs just so I can crank my Plexi and Twin at home… they should be here next week. Exciting times!!

I've actually ordered some ACS custom moulded earplugs just so I can crank my Plexi and Twin at home… they should be here next week. Exciting times!!
    The neighbours will be pleased!
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited March 2015
    So much want a Neo

Expect a full low-down in due course..............and dibs if its not up to expectations.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    @meltedbuzzbox… after 5.30pm in the week, and all weekend, I have no neighbours ;-)

Can play a fully cranked Plexi at 2am if I like!

@SRich - I'll keep that in mind bud. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @randomhandclaps I was thinking of the mini for my leslie needs - how are you getting on with it?
    @meltedbuzzbox… after 5.30pm in the week, and all weekend, I have no neighbours ;-)

Can play a fully cranked Plexi at 2am if I like!

@SRich - I'll keep that in mind bud. 
    /i will be round later with beers and bitches!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • @Teetonetal - I've always had a real leslie in one form or another in my set up.  This is the only one that I've come across that replaces it in a recording environment and I've tried a lot.  Obviously for live I had settled on others but would always revert back to a real rotating speaker for recording. 

My one real concern with the mini which is a detail I missed before purchase is that you cannot adjust the speed - just a preset slow or a preset fast.  Apparently they went with customer feedback on the best slow and fast speeds and having spoken to Ventilator owners since most just do indeed set and forget with speeds and wish they had had the opportunity to purchase the mini beforehand.  Initally after trying the pedal the preset speed issue concerned me and I loved the effect so much I almost bought the Ventilator II to ease the speed worry.  However after using it a lot and now getting back to recording it's not an issue and the simplicity is great.

It seems like a lot for one effect but it certainly justifies the layout if that's the effect you want.

• I have no neighbours anymore ;-)

Rule of life 58 - Don't upset thisisguitar or you're gonna be disappeared.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ I had the gardener dispose of the bodies...
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Does it fuck up your tone? IE: if you put it in front of a real amp and cab... do you essentially get the effect of one cab going into another?

I heard the Boss Rotary Sim is a bit like that. 
    You can turn the cab Emulation on and off I thought?
  • Drew_fx said:
    Does it fuck up your tone? IE: if you put it in front of a real amp and cab... do you essentially get the effect of one cab going into another?

I heard the Boss Rotary Sim is a bit like that. 

You can turn the cab Emulation on and off I thought?
    @Drew_Fx & @Teetonetal - That's right, they have two operating modes.  They refer to it as cab sim on demos of the Ventilator or Mini but it's not really.  One is a single (more neutral) mic emulation which has an open uneffecting sound on your main tone and the other is a dual mic emulation with picks up the cab sound more.  Whilst some may like it and it certainly has it's own tone.  I find it OK through a keyboard amp but it adds a predictable element of boxiness through a guitar amp.  Hence I stick to the first mode the vast majority of the time.
    @thisisguitar: After the honeymoon period, and as I am so interested in a Neo, do you have any wiz to add after living with it? 

Hi @SRich,

If I'm honest I've been waiting on some things that only arrived yesterday, namely, moulded earplugs and a speaker for my Twin. Am trying to look after my ears due to mild tinnitus arriving in the last two months, so haven't really played with my live rig. Should be firing everything up over the next few days to get things debugged ready for my summer gigs… will report back.
    Marvellous..........can't wait!

Look after your ears specifically though........I suffer tinnitus from years of no ear protection - but it was Aerosmith at the Wembley Arena in '99 that finally did mine in - I blame Joe Perry!

I've always been very careful, but a couple of weeks without proper recovery did me in. I'm nearly 38, so I've done well to get this far without any issue… got ACS Pro 26 plugs now, should keep me safe if I'm sensible.

Must have been an awesome gig though!