NPD - Empress x 2

What's Hot
TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
edited March 2015 in FX
So I love empress stuff, managed to pick up the empress red distortion 2nd hand, then was flicking online and saw the phaser on a bit of a deal...couldn't resist.. both arrived today :)

Very interested to play with the phaser - the Tom Quayle demo was excellent :)
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Hmmmm when I click the link I get a picture about mad professor and cables

I believe you though, great score!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    joeyowen said:
    Hmmmm when I click the link I get a picture about mad professor and cables

I believe you though, great score!
    Fixed :)
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Nice! I'd still really like to try the yellow fuzz pedal.
    yeah, me too... in demos it sounds huge,,,

there is a 2nd hand multidrive at a good price too, which I am watching - if I like the red I may bid on the multidrive and shift the red on... I think the MD has the same Fuzz circuit as the yellow
    had a very brief play through the Multidrive this weekend, care of @meltedbuzzbox - sounded GIGANTIC. Very very nice. If you sell the red, drop me a PM...I might be interested depending on when it is.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    it does have the same fuzz as the yellow but you get more tweakable settings on the multidrive. 
    The pedal is also surprisingly small. I looks huge in pictures for some reason but its smaller than 2 boss pedals. 

let me know how you get on with the red. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    @GavHaus and @meltedbuzzox will do a report on both units and let you know if I stick the red up for sale :)
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455
    where'd you buy from? Quite fancy the phaser myself.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    @MrSwanson probably not very helpful but I got it from Musix.ch as I am based in Switzerland.

I think in the UK GAK and Guitarbox sell them...

If don't get on with it and move it on I can let you know... (I come back to the uk regularly)
    failing that, I picked my SuperDelay up off Reverb.com. The price was that much lower that even with import it was still significantly cheaper. Prymaxe can also be persuaded to give you a sizeable discount with a few well placed emails too, and they almost always fly under the customs radar.
    Ah rigbt, cool thanks. Hope you get on with it as I can't really afford one ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just seen, they are at a good price for new! Looking forward to hearing your views, as the empress gear I've had has been excellent.
    You can also get scratch and dent stuff from Empress directly
    GavHaus said:
    failing that, I picked my SuperDelay up off Reverb.com. The price was that much lower that even with import it was still significantly cheaper. Prymaxe can also be persuaded to give you a sizeable discount with a few well placed emails too, and they almost always fly under the customs radar.
    It's funny that Prymaxe never give discounts from empress with the usual voucher... I think empress don't like it.. Still I can't/won't buy from them as in CH if the customs label is not filled correctly you have have to pay a massive (ca.80GBP) handling fee or send it back and IME they check every package. I won a pedal from PGSs free pedal friday and I had to send customs all my correspondence to prove it really was 0 USD and then I had to pay a handling fee too :) The swiss are very good at making money...
    WOW. What a ballache! I tend to like to go direct to the companies if I can; the bulk of my fairfield stuff came direct, and certianly the inevitable future additions will do.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, certainly nice if you can do that .

Thing I like about empress is the service - 2 year warranty that they extend to 4 years if you register - that is awesome. Compare that to Pigtronix 1 year...
    Empress also check in to see how you are getting on with the pedal and ask if you can think of any improvements etc

very impressed with them
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Had a bit of a play tonight at rehearsal, red distortion sounds very very good, will be getting to know this one before deciding on the multidrive... The phaser requires an extended session, way too much going on there!
    Glad you liked the Distortion bud.