new knobs.

markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
edited March 2015 in Making & Modding

For a partscaster I have. Wanted something different with numbers on. Luminlay -  they glow in the dark! (I am aware I am a grown up and this should not excite me) got em from here . Nickel finish by the way. Really nicely made. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27495
    I thought about getting something similar done on a MIC basis a couple of years ago.

Seemed so obvious to put the 0-10 markers on those knobs!

IIRC, @axisus made some himself.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    They are cool as! I really want some, but can't think of a guitar that they'd go with.
  • Groovy. I just re-knobbed a few of my pedals for no other reason than shitzengiggles.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    edited March 2015
    arrive from Japan in about 3 days. Not the cheapest (I only need two, if I'd needed four I might of had second thoughts :) ) but I couldn't find anything that looked quite like it. I think @axisus ' strated me on the hunt actually... I'd forgotten that.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I honestly considered the lighted thing myself, and had a few thoughts about whether it was practical or not. I may revisit the idea just for fun as they do look cool.

To be honest I could do with one bright dot on either 5 or 10. My eyesight has got to the point where I can't see numbers any more, so a simple ballpark indication would suffice!
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Ooh, nice. Very nice in fact and could be just the ticket to replace a couple of knobs on my Musicman Axis SuperSport. They look just the same but without the glow in the dark number band....
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    Very nice, and very useful. I use a piece of tape on my volumes so that I can see their settings on a dim stage.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • Nice, and quite tempting for my guitar with knurled knobs :)
    But at £10 each I think I'll stick with my blobs of nail varnish.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27495
    A bulk order from China would work out c£5/pce. Does that price point make it attractive?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TBH @TTony, yes I'd be tempted at £10 a pair.
  • markblackmarkblack Frets: 1591
    I thought the same about the price, but I couldn't find anything that looked right, I could care less about the glow in the dark part. But that's a bit of what you are paying for, mine are the nickel finish by the way.

really well made, very smart. Infact now I have them I think they are worth the money to finish a guitar off.
  • I'm not saying the price is unreasonable, just that I can't bring myself to spend £20 on a pair of knobs when my blobs of nail varnish are perfectly functional (I'm a massive miser).  At half that price I'd probably be able to slip it past my conscience though ;)
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    I'd be up for a pair at £10 if someone's trying to get a bulk order together.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Yeah, I'd have a pair for a Tenner - count me in :)

• RolandRoland Frets: 8704
    I'm in too
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16671
    I brought 2 guitars worth of luminlay side dots. they came quickly, no customs to pay, and I have done 3 guitars worth so far with at least enough to do one more guitar

But I only got one recharge torch, although a good dose of sun seems to do the same thing