SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: Gary Moore tab book - blues for greeny

What's Hot
saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
edited November 2013 in Misc £
Hi All

Bit of a long shot but had anyone by any chance got this book kicking around in a draw they don't use that I could buy please?

It is long since unavailable to buy new by what I can find out online and I really want to learn Gary Moore's version of - If you be my baby (the Peter green song) but can only find tab for the PG version which is a bit different from Gary's take on it.

Cheers :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• saxosimsaxosim Frets: 69
    edited October 2013
    Bump has anyone by any chance even got the sheet music for this song please in either Gary Moores version or even the Peter Green version? Thanks
  • bigdawgbigdawg Frets: 51
    edited October 2013
    this is as near as I could get.... quite easy to see what he's doing..

Thanks @bigdawg that's a great help to get me started on the Peter Green version thanks, wish I could find a good one like that for the Gary Moore version but all I can find is live footage of Gary playing it

Thanks though I appreciate it :)
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Just learn the Green version, then overplay horribly :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lol
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I apologise, I have a lot of time for Gary Moore, although not really the blues stuff (never heard the "For Greeny" album) :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    No worries definitely worth listening too as it is a great album
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    I've heard that album, it was great!

My suggestion: Pay a transcriber to do the difficult bits for you (I can think of one who'll do a minute of audio for twenty quid), or get the Transcribe! software and do it yourself.

A search on 911 tabs brought up a handful of tabs for the PG version.
    Adrian Clark will also transcribe it for you if that's the way you wish to go :)
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Ade's not taking new work at the moment according to his site: http://custom-transcription.com/

Hit him up on Twitter or something to make sure.
    Fair play :)
    edited October 2013
    Cheers don't suppose anyone knows of any other transcribers in the UK they could recommend?

There's a Gary Moore version on you tube posted by Bluesrock1000 you can pretty much see what Gary is playing, but looks very similar to the version up there (in on my phone and can't copy the address)

Personally wouldn't bother with transcribers when there is you tube stuff like this 
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Bit of a long way round, but have you tried any music shops to see if they have a copy? For example, one of our local music shops, Ken Stevens/ Millers Music, has been sold, and they have been clearing out sheet music, tab books and so on a bit - I was in Cambridge in Wednesday, and IIRC they had a copy of the tab book for Still Got the Blues. Whether they have the one you're after or not, or at a price you like - don't know, just half an idea :)

Didn't someone post that Chappell in London have been renamed and are having a clearout as well? Were they the shop who sold all the sheet music on Denmark Street, or was that someone else? Sorry - I haven't been down that way for a while...
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

Cheers guys yes have tried quite a few local music shops but nothing.

Thanks will check out the YouTube user to have a look

• close2uclose2u Frets: 997

Tab!

P'ah!

We don't need no stinking tab.

;)

http://justinguitar.com/en/TR-000-Transcribing.php

Lol ;)

• Had a listen to it this morning, there's nothing too technical in there - just the timing, phrasing and out-of-phase honk being the tricky bits to try and replicate.

Is there any part specifically you're struggling to work out? I'll see if I can transcribe it for you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks I shall pm you cheers :)
    @dchwhite - Many thanks for the heads up on the other tab book at millers - theyve just stuck it in the post to me..