flynn amps

What's Hot
stratcatstratcat Frets: 46
Hi,
Does anyone have any experience of flynn amps?
I really like the look of their champ and tweed deluxe amps, but can't find much on the web by way of recommendation.

Thanks in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Stevie is a nice bloke and his work that I've seen is top notch. Nice booster too.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    If your looking at tweed amps have you looked at lazy J? Loads of info and reviews about them. I can vouch how great they are too. About the same price too
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hi,
    Yes I've seen the Lazy J reviews. They sound good. I'm leaning more towards the champ rather than the deluxe so the Lazy J would just be too many watts! Also Glasgow isn't that far away, assuming Lazy J are based 'darn sarf'
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Lol he is ' darn scarf' in Guildford. Awesome amp. Try one if you can :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Flynn amps serviced my amps when I lived in Glasgow. Stevie knows his stuff and I never had to take the same amp back after having it serviced. I had a shot of one of his bassman clones and it was ace! Not cheap though.
  • Ok, its not pocket money, but when you consider a pcb bassman from fender is £1200, the £1850 for a hand wired point to point amp doesn't sound so bad to me. In context, the ptp bandmaster that fender are selling is £1900. (rrp £2.5k)
    I'm going to have to pay a visit to Glasgow ;)
  • If you decide to go make sure he's got what you want first as I think he builds to order so might not have one in the shop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • If you decide to go make sure he's got what you want first as I think he builds to order so might not have one in the shop.
    Thanks for the advice, I would call first.
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    I have two Flynn OC44 boosters and they are superb.  Better than anything else I've tried.  As Van_Hayden says, Steve is a really nice guy and VERY happy to help with any of their products.  My last OC44 was maybe a touch too gainy so I sent it back and Steve selected a lower gain transistor and installed it.....did the work and sent it back at no cost.  That's what you want when you're buying a hand made amp......I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Flynn amp based on the quality of their pedals.  I also don't think they are that expensive either.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    That tweed champ has to be in my future
  • Has anyone had any amp restoration work done by these guys...?

I got an old Marshall needing some TLC and theres only one other guy
    in Scotland who seems qualified...

Thanks guys,
    Graeme.

• BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    edited November 2013
    Has anyone had successful communication via email with Flynn amps?I emailed the other day with a couple of simple questions, but have not heard back yet. Does anyone here own the Champ?
  • Babones said:
    Has anyone had successful communication via email with Flynn amps?I emailed the other day with a couple of simple questions, but have not heard back yet. Does anyone here own the Champ?
    Just give 'em a ring, they always answer the phone!!  :)
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    One of the guys over on the Chappers forums has had a JTM style head built by them and he absolutely loves it!