Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

School Zig Zags....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I've been wondering if the police would act on photos of people using/holding phones while driving too? I see far too many around, and the ones at slow speeds would be really easy to get usable photos of to send in.

I thought about making an app for it where pics could be submitted, but it'd just get abused and be wasted...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IIRC there's at least one police force going around in unmarked cars taking pics of people who are using phones while driving and then they take them to court with incontrovertible photoshoppedgraphic evidence.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557

It makes me sooooo maaaaaddddd, I see it most days, kids that walk to school are put at danger by the idiots that insist on driving their kids a few hundred metres in some cases from home to school gate, especially if there's a bit of rain. The local comp have started using the local leisure centre car park to drop off, fine you might think until you see them diving in and out of the dam thing, entrance is only one car wide and the road gridlocks, everyone just thinks to help themselves.

Ive seen kids literally diving out of the way of cars driving down the pavement!  

Of course those who drive always seem to have the excuse that they are protecting their kids.

WELL THATS OK THEN!

I've tried talking with council and the leisure centre to no avail. perhaps they will look up when someone cops it, then they will ask but no one said anything. Arrrggghhhhh!

Sorry but this is a topic that really angers me, selfish morons.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    RobDavies;56491" said:
    I sent the image with a covering email to Eastleigh police and just got this email back...

Rob, Many thanks for the image that you sent in. We have traced the owner of the car and been to the school to advise them. We will be drafting a letter to go out to all parents / drivers that drop off at school that the school will send out shortly. We will also go and visit the "offender" and educate on this accassion only. Regards, Iain WILSON.PC 2986Eastleigh Safer Neighbourhood Team.

Just call me Bertie Smalls from now on..... ;)
    I am amazed. Result.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • That is literally the best thing I have seen in years. Utterly brilliant.
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4916
    Who was it thinking of buying a Merc?   =))
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Rob, did you also send in that picture of the Traffic Camera Enforcement van parked on the zig-zags ?

Please tell me you did.... pleeeeeeeeeze !!!!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    School Keep Clear signs need the associated upright signs to be enforceable. And it is a no stopping restriction so anyone parked there during the times of operation is in contravention.

These cunting parents would park in the classroom if they could.

The same type of person has to park right at the front of the car park at the gym (maybe in a disabled bay if that's all that's available) and then does a few Km on the running machine.

In many areas in the UK parking offences have been decriminalised which means the highway authority (council) is responsible for enforcement which is carried out by civil enforcement officers.

Good result with the police, the neighbourhood policing teams do like to get involved in parental parking around schools even if they don't have traffic wardens.

Previously known as stevebrum
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    GuitarMonkey;56504" said:
    Ha ha. Superb
    >:D<
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Update.....

More developments from Eastleigh Police.... I received this email:

Rob,

I have been to see the lady that owns the car that you took the photograph of. She had loaned the car to her brother and was mortified by his behaviour. I have left her with the picture and she is "going to have words with him!"

If you get any more pictures please send them in again and, as a letter has been sent out by the school, we will be issuing tickets from £30 to possibly £100 for the worst offenders.

regards,

PCSO Iain WILSON

Not sure I believe the bit about loaning the car to her brother but still.....
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 557
    As you say, but good news, I wish they would come and see the madness that goes on out side the local comp, rained this morning, road gridlocked hilarious, NOT!

• The greatest thing about this is that you have inspired me to report the inconsiderate shits who do this day in, day out, opposite us.  I am going to become a super-grass and it's all down to your success.

Well done & thanks

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    Her brother is the Chief Constable 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    RobDavies said:
    Update.....

More developments from Eastleigh Police.... I received this email:

Rob,

I have been to see the lady that owns the car that you took the photograph of. She had loaned the car to her brother and was mortified by his behaviour. I have left her with the picture and she is "going to have words with him!"

If you get any more pictures please send them in again and, as a letter has been sent out by the school, we will be issuing tickets from £30 to possibly £100 for the worst offenders.

regards,

PCSO Iain WILSON

Not sure I believe the bit about loaning the car to her brother but still.....
    right, so her husband plays golf with the chief constable then
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bertie said:
    Her brother is a Chief Cunt 

Totally agree Bertie. Totally agree.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.