website content - audio and video

nickpnickp Frets: 183
Afternoon gurus of the audio experience.

we have now done 5 gigs and had an absolutely crazy night at the "Hammersmith Odeon" of Keynsham (The Trout Tavern), singer molestation by women twice his age, the crowd singing so loud that I was struggling to hear the singist, drunken oldies being ejected from the pub and a wee fight outside to round it all off.

However, we did go down very very well.  

We need to promote ourselves - so i'm after audio and some video from our gigs - at no cost coz our bass player is skint.  Is there a cheap way - anyone tried an ipad??  I could take a small pc/interface and behringer C1 mike to the next gig for some audio....

just after a smorgasboard of ideas please guys

ta

Nick
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Unless times have changed drastically in the last 10 years or so, I would suggest just putting up the best home studio audio you can get of just your 3 best sounding songs.  A clear photo showing each persons face, on stage or not, just standing together with no instruments in sight is even fine.  My reasoning is that most bar managers that I have had to deal with don't want "rowdy" bands, they want people to have fun and dance because people who have fun and dance stay in their bar and buy drinks.  If your best songs are covers you could take about 30 seconds of each one and fade them in and out on one short audio clip, this helps avoid legal threats over copyright and is more enticing to a potential customer because it's less time out of their day.   You can also use a free website like weebly, they work great.  This may seem tame and lame but I've seen the results of both approaches and this one got way more bookings.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    I won't get into the ins and outs of how best to promote yourself  since @DulcetJones covered that nicely, but if you've got an Ipad I'd really recommend the Tascam IM2 (I think that's the model number) - it's a stereo condensor mic that plugs straight into the base of the Ipad, comes with a recording program and can easily cope with loud band volumes.
  • nickpnickp Frets: 183
    thanks to you both.  great advice @dulcetjones thanks.

I've got an ipad (but no mike) so that is an option for the future.  

At the mo I might also try to cobble together something on an old laptop and let the inlaws have a go this saturday.  I've got a behringer C1 mike and can get my hands on a usb interface so I'll just get them to record the whole gig and stick it through Audacity - that might work

then I can chop it up as per dulcet jones to stick on a website

I'll also try to get a camera person to take individual action shots of us looking all rock n roll!

cheers

Nick