SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Anyone in Leicester/Rugby/Coventry areas need some rhythm guitar?

What's Hot
I've tried replying to ads on joinmyband, but they usually turn out to be either beginners just wanting to jam or people looking for ultra professional experts to gig four times a week, every week.

I'm somewhere in between. I've gigged, been in a band, and I have spare time, but I'm not looking to play every night.

I can say that I'm reliable, have my own gear and transport, I do my practice, I don't cause arguments, I'm not a limelight hogger and I'll go along with the general flow. I'm into punky, poppy, stuff, though that could include some country/country rock, and some other stuff, but not metal or anything like that (just not my thang, that's all). I'd like to get people up off their bums and moving, that sort of thing.

And if you can't slot me in or point me in the right direction, can those of you who know how to do this help me write something for joinmyband that will attract the right sort of people, please?

Ta for any help.
If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• geepers0677geepers0677 Frets: 119
    check your pm's bud.

• Bump.

If no one has a slot, does anyone have any advice on what to write or how to go about finding someone to make noise with, please?
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Go and sit in firebug and eavesdrop.
  • GavHaus said:
    Go and sit in firebug and eavesdrop.
    same for The Donkey
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    But not the Shed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Actually, I find sitting in the shed to be quite relaxing at times.

Oh, not my shed? Ah, ok, fair enough then.

Thanks for that, I'll give them a look and see what I can find then.
  • Cirrus said:
    But not the Shed.
    Many, many wisdoms for this. I quite literally nearly lost a leg on that stage.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I'm in Leicester and just checked the guitarist wanted ads for something suitable on a regular basis, I'm not a million miles from you in terms of what i was looking for, a band of good musicians that weren't 20 years old and aiming for the big time. I found my last band and my current band like this, so just keep checking.

I think responding to wanted ads is better that placing an available ad, I've done that and just got replies from teen metal bands, a talentless Bon Jovi tribute band and some jokers that gave me the following to learn for an audition

Mustang Sally

sex on Fire

For the love of God by Vai so they could 'see how good I really was'

;)

• I think Vai called that one right. :D
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I'd rather make a tit of myself playing FTLOG than play mustang Sally ;)
  • Don't blame you! :D
  • I played in the Shed with my old band and it was awful. The promoter hadn't promoted it, the headline band noticed the lack of people and went home to Newcastle and we played to the soundman who then left leaving us playing to a totally empty room!