SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wienbrock ME-1 Hobo 1x12 combo 1 watt valve combo

ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11953
edited November 2013 in Amps £

I was a bad boy and spent some money, so here's a treasure up for sale:

http://s809.photobucket.com/user/toneuk/library/ME-1%20Hobo

It was called the ME-1, but got rebranded to the Hobo

This is supposed to be about 1 watt, but it's loud enough to annoy people, not loud enough against a drummer of course, but there is an XLR output to use into a power amp - driven from a coil tap - so it's not competing with the speaker for frequencies

Also fitted: default 8 ohm + extra 4 ohm socket

dummy load - you can use the amp to DI, it sounds good used this way too

I am selling since I have moved house and fitted secondary glazing, so no longer have to play as quiet

If you play this amp with the speaker beamed straight at you, it has a nice early 70s Marshall vibe, all hand-wired

home use only, no marks

£450

Here's the manufacturer's description:

The Wienbrock HOBO is an original all valve amplification device through and through - and is not meant to emulate anything else. A product of the continued cooperation between Wienbrockamps and it's originator, Guido Landry, the HOBO is a fully functioning 1W guitar amp capable of producing approx 118dB when driven and is built with the same high quality components and materials as our other amps.

When you plug into the HOBO - the guitar signal is sent straight to the first valve via the shortest route possible and is then modified by our unique 'LAW' TONE filter; a single rotary control with scooped mids in the centre that rise on either the bass or treble side. Additional bass CUT and treble SHIFT switches allow you to further 'reshape' the TONE control's response to your instrument signal. The VOLUME control simply governs how much you drive the output stage where the BOOST switch offers an extra level of gain; further enhancing midrange, treble and compression. The output stage consists of a 12AX7/ECC83 phase splitter or 'inverter' and a 6SN7 octal based dual triode output valve.

Finding a 'sweet spot' is an incredibly intuitive process - it's simply a case of deciding how much you need to drive the output stage with the tone shape you've chosen to get the sound you want - to derive just over 1W of clean, bell-like valve tone with maximum touch sensitivity right into smooth, natural power stage saturation... If you want the sound of a monster stack - put the drive pedal of your choice in front of it and we guarantee you will get overdriven sounds you will not get from any other amplifier. If you want to make a real monster HOBO stack - connect the XLR out to a power amp and loudspeakers...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments