SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Pups n bits

Brass slide, new £4 posted
Pair of guitar tech humbuckers virtually new just tried once in my sg - £20 posted.
Epiphone 57ch neck and bridge humbuckers (were gold but i polished it off to the chrome) - £20 posted
12ax7 jj valve - used but works fine -£5 posted
12ax7eh ehx valve - again used but works fine - £5 posted
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Any offers?
  • Bump
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    I'm not very clever with valves, but could @ecc83 (or one of the other experts) advise if either or both of these would be worth trying in my ht1r please?
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1633
    dchwhite said:
    I'm not very clever with valves, but could @ecc83 (or one of the other experts) advise if either or both of these would be worth trying in my ht1r please?

Both valves are cathode biased so you can use any 82 or 83 you like but I strongly advise you to avoid other types and DON'T swap them over!

Have you got it apart then? Not the easiest of amps to crack!

Dave.

• dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    ecc83 said:
    dchwhite said:

Both valves are cathode biased so you can use any 82 or 83 you like but I strongly advise you to avoid other types and DON'T swap them over!

Have you got it apart then? Not the easiest of amps to crack!

Dave.

Crumbs, not very clever with valves and not very bright with fora either - apologies Dave @ecc83, I didn't get a notification and forgot to check the thread - duh. I haven't had my ht1r apart yet - it's been apart at Blackstar before, as it went a bit wonky (free warranty fix, very good of them). If you have any tips I'm all ears :) I do have a little Celestion to go in it first of all, but if that doesn't quite do it I think i'd like to try swapping the preamp valve over. It's so nearly just right :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current