ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
DiCMTV Fallen Legends Series  ~  Jimi Hendrix Story
Jimi Hendrix 1942-1961
Jimi Hendrix 1961-1967
Jimi Hendrix 1967-1970

Duration 52 mins

Duration 52 mins

Duration 52 mins

Any more documentaries, or clips, or any comments are welcome,    ¿ waddya got ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Cheers! Nice one :)

Anyone seen the film with Andre wossface from Outkast? I nearly fired it up on the Amazon Prime thingy, till I read the first review on there - by Kathy Etchingham apparently - basically saying it's all made up rubbish
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    I'm pretty sure the clips above were broadcast fairly recently on sky arts 1 and if it is that one, it's a brilliant series to watch.
    Kathy was interviewed on there and she is a lovely woman, fantastic to listen to.
    She reveals how 'The wind cries Mary' was written about her after they had an argument and she walked out of the apartment.
    Fascinating documentary and really amazing footage.
  • dafuzz;598032" said:

Anyone seen the film with Andre wossface from Outkast? I nearly fired it up on the Amazon Prime thingy, till I read the first review on there - by Kathy Etchingham apparently - basically saying it's all made up rubbish
    Ha! I watched it on a plane yesterday! I can quite honestly say that it's the worst film I've ever seen. I'm also going to hazard a guess that Andre 3000 has never played a guitar in all his life.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
    dafuzz;598032" said:

Ha! I watched it on a plane yesterday! I can quite honestly say that it's the worst film I've ever seen. I'm also going to hazard a guess that Andre 3000 has never played a guitar in all his life.
    I heard they were not allowed to use any of Jimi's music either?

Sounds like a load of old pony to me.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    I think the lack of music on most Hendrix programs really betrays his legacy.

Shafted by his manager, and possibly worse, during his lifetime, and controlled for financial gain after it.

You've just got to love music business ethics, notable by their rarity...    :-S

• dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Neil said:
    dafuzz;598032" said:

Shan't bother then. Cheers dudes :)
    Shafted by his manager, and possibly worse, during his lifetime, and controlled for financial gain after it.

You've just got to love music business ethics, notable by their rarity...    :-S
    Yeah I think there's a classic story of him being at the height of his fame and being completely skint... I feel bad for them (ripped off musicians etc) in a way, but then they do get to travel the world doing what they love and have groupies throw themselves at them, so there is that
    All practice and no theory
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    And being preyed on by an entourage of sharks. Long live Rock 'n Roll.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12364
    Neil said:
    dafuzz;598032" said:

Sounds like a load of old pony to me.
    I think the lack of Hendrix's own material is down to the bloodsucking leech that is Janey Hendrix refusing to let them use it. (Or possibly more likely, allowing them to use it if they'd coughed up a lot of money).
    A little viewing for the weekend, sir ?