I'm speechless....

What's Hot

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31590
    I'm glad that nothing I did or said when I was 17 was recorded and broadcast to the world.

Mind you, the only thing I was constantly begging for at that age was king-size Rizlas.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Hertz32 said:
    @Clarky I thought about doing that exact thing, until I realized that *both* of the car dealerships where I live are new car only dealerships.

for Aston Martin, and Jaguar...
    >:D<
    I'll settle for new.. lmao
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3749
    p90fool said:
    I'm glad that nothing I did or said when I was 17 was recorded and broadcast to the world.

Mind you, the only thing I was constantly begging for at that age was king-size Rizlas.

The man. The legend. Essential viewing:
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16672
    Hertz32 said:
    My attitude is that she is a silly, misguided kid ... but at 17 ... she's a kid. 
    Of course my generosity could be influenced by my level of pain killers at the moment ;-)
    I'm still a kid by your logic then. And I'd like to think that if you didn't know I was 17, you couldn't tell on here. But I know the reality is that it probably shows (My love of metal and having too many strings is probably evidence enough for anyone) but I wouldn't have thought to be cheeky enough to ask for donations like that in a million years!

At 17, most people are starting to form quite adult ideas and opinions. At least in my experience with my 17 year old peers.
    If you blow it off because "She's a kid" then I think you are doing the right thing, but for the wrong reason.
    We all make mistakes, and god knows there are people way older than 17 that have done far more idiotic things.
    she screwed up cos she didn't think, not cos she's too young to know better.

i know this is condecending.  I know I would have hated anyone saying it to me at 17.  But give it 10 years and  this will make more sense.

I agree you are an adult with valid opinions at 17.  But you are not complete, nor will you (or I) ever be.  You have only had a limited time to make mistakes which you have to answer for ... you will have made quite a few more by the time you are 27, and there will be things you do over the next few years which you won't want to remember.   These will hopefully lead to personal growth.

I am prepared to give a 17 years old a break when they make a harmless mistake.  

FYI - your love of metal and guitars with too many strings does not give away your age as 17.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited May 2015
    I think life is difficult for young people. This girl is a lazy opportunist. I don't think it's fair to judge others. They are not all like her
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    RaymondLin;616596" said:
    Do people not have any sense of pride or dignity anymore?
    Apparently not.

so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited May 2015
    she probbo wants it for false tits really, just adapts the begging Ad to different interest groups. I expect she has one targetted at Anglers too...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I had to wash down the music shop doorways in Charring Cross Road (where I lived in a shoe box) with my tounge for five years, before one of the music shops would even let me in the back door at night, to try out a damaged second hand Kay Les Paul with only 4 strings, with C, F and G chords for 2 minutes, unplugged !
    Kids today don't know they are born !

Fred
    timmysoft said:
    I saved Christmas and birthday money then I worked a shit shoe shop job while at school just to be able to afford a Kay les Paul copy and an old home made amp.

timmysoft said:
    I saved Christmas and birthday money then I worked a shit shoe shop job while at school just to be able to afford a Kay les Paul copy and an old home made amp.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    Wasnt there a whip round for a strat  for a Romanian girl on HC .Stratogirl or some such ,
    not sure how it ended .
  • rossirossi Frets: 1703
    I did a paper round  to pay for my Hofner Club 60.Also a classic vibe would suit her at 300 notes  or less.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    You were lucky !
    I had to wash down the music shop doorways in Charring Cross Road (where I lived in a shoe box) with my tounge for five years, before one of the music shops would even let me in the back door at night, to try out a damaged second hand Kay Les Paul with only 4 strings, with C, F and G chords for 2 minutes, unplugged !
    Kids today don't know they are born !

Fred
    timmysoft said:

timmysoft said:

That's nothing... I had to suck twelve cocks to afford a pack o' strings!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • XWulfhereXWulfhere Frets: 416
    When I was 17 I worked 4 nights a week in a Toby Carvery as well as being a full time college student - that's how I bought all my first guitars. Really appreciated 'em too :-)
    And you know what else? Those safety lids on bottles of sanatogen. There I am trying to get the lid off and along comes my six year old and says "there you are daddy" and it's off in a Jiffy. Someone's gonna get hurt.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10390
    tFB Trader
    I wonder if this thread should actually be in 'off topic' or even 'speakers corner' ... 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    gubble said:
    Could also please tell me why people are putting sale value £100 and then trade value at a much higher rate? I'm very confused by this.
    It's not a practice I like - always seems a bit sharp to me - seems to happen a lot on Facebook guitar/music gear sales groups.

Also, you've only got to be on some of the aforesaid groups for a few months and it becomes obvious that a significant number of people selling on there are either full- or part-time traders (some less blatantly than others - there are a couple of sellers not-too-far from me who deal on Facebook, at Guitar Shows, Ebay, on here too - stuff gets acquired and rapidly flipped between different platforms) - obviously, for them (as for anyone else!), cash is often king , but acquiring further gear to sell/trade on (which is potentially worth £more) fits the business model...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• MattGMattG Frets: 170
    To be fair on her she's not being dishonest she's saying i want a guitar can people give me money for one please and if anyones stupid enough to do it then its their own fault.
    Personally this does grate a little as my first guitar at 15 was a Gibson SG, i got that as i borrowed a yamaha off of my dad and saved all my pocket money and lunch money for about 5 months to be able afford the damn thing and you know what that really did make me appreciate it more.
    I still have it and its the one guitar i will not let go, it may not be my best guitar but it is definitely my favourite.
    What she's doing may lack in dignity as it's basically begging but I can't bring myself to be too harsh on her.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2401
    She should grab a cheap acoustic and go busking, in the right spot she can get upwards of £100 per day, won't take very long at that rate and she'll learn the value of earning.
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    p90fool said:

Hands down one of the greatest hours of television ever broadcast
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    WezV said:
    Steffo;616536" said:
    Self respect?
    Hands up anyone who may have pushed the boundaries of social acceptability in their youth. Hands up anyone who made a decision that was not the wisest.

She saw something she thought would be a short cut, she took it, it didn't work. She will suffer a bit for it. It will be a good life lesson for her.

Just a shame its all so public these days
    I'd have been all over it when I were her age. 

Still might. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    CHRISB50 said:
    I went to birthday party recently of a friend of a friend. On the bar was a jar saying 'Donations for Vicki's operation.' I didn't know Vicki well, so asked what was wrong with her and if was it serious.

I was told she was asking for money for a tit job as she couldn't currently afford one.

So how much did you put in?
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3749
    It's like an adolescent version of Anvil. I still thinking it's brilliant. There are some great interviews with him from the last few years.
    p90fool said:

Hands down one of the greatest hours of television ever broadcast

Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent