Online Resources for Guitarists

What's Hot
jonnybradfordjonnybradford Frets: 34
edited July 2013 in Theory

• Justin Guitar
    • Great site for beginners and intermediate players alike. A truly superb resource.
In jazz, no one can hear you scream
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26666
    Excellent fretboard map for just about any scale you could ever want to use:

Also does chords, harmonies etc. Crazy useful for those of us too lazy to actually learn our shit.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133

Guitar chord namer

Just found this, free guitar chord namer, thought it would be a nice addition to the resources.  It shows 5 names for your fingering, with note names and scale degrees, colour coded too !          To quote from their site -

"Use this chord finder to finally figure out what you've been playing all these years"

now I know I was playing …                           B13sus2sus4 (omit 5) / E

which nicely releases the tension from …   E7sus4 (#5,b5)

Me? lazy? never, and yes I know I am easily pleased   

;)

• ChristophEarChristophEar Frets: 46
    edited August 2013
    Use Soundslice to learn tunes faster and smarter than ever. Loop sections, slow parts down, and sync tabs and chords with any original recording. Let your heroes be your teachers.

• davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    edited August 2013
    Transcribe is a great tool to for working out songs, solos and practicing with etc.

You can slow down, speed up, loop sections, alter pitch etc. You can even load a video and play along with that.

Some might find this on-line resource of use as well