What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15962

give this a go ,will ya? it's something else bro

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=JF02FMNU

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    I gave it about a minute, but I just can't get to grips with Dylan. To me that stuff is so dull, but them I'm not big on lyrics. Without really listening to the words it seems pretty slow and dirgesome. I have to say that this is just my opinion - I totally accept that he is an amazing artist, and it's my loss that I can't get something out of it. Someday I'm gonna buy his best album and play it til I like it!
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    edited October 2013
  • wordywordy Frets: 67

axisus said:
    Someday I'm gonna buy his best album and play it til I like it!
    Get 'Blood on the Tracks' mate.  Actually 'Idiot Wind' came on the music player this morning, and it was so good I had to listen to it twice.

You hurt the ones that I love best and cover up the truth with lies
    One day you’ll be in the ditch, flies buzzin’ around your eyes
    Blood on your saddle

Thats the stuff.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

@wordy gets a wisdom for that.

It's difficult to pick just one Dylan album, but 'Blood on the Track' is certainly up there.

Can't listen to the original post now, but I've got the 'Gods and Generals' OST that track is from so I have heard it before...can't recall being blown away by it though.

For people that don't like Dylan's singing/style the "I'm Not There" soundtrack is utterly brilliant.

• wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    I couldn't get past the fact that there's such a thing as godtube and the shitty video! sorry

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4259

Yes yes yes, Blood on the Tracks is amazing. Blonde on Blonde as well. I can leave it at just those two mostly, although do have a soft spot for Oh Mercy as well.

He is a total and utter weirdo though, it has to be said.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7786
    Blonde on Blonde is good, but my favourite is Highway 61 Revisited.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    Ace loved it cheers
    .Imo, Blood on the tracks and Desire are his best albums and Street Legal and Infidels are also great. Modern times and his later stuff is surprisingly ace imo Though i wouldnt choose his later stuff or Nashville Syline or Selfportrait as a first listen, or New Morning, or Slow train coming or Saved, or shot of love i could go on!. imo Get Blood on the tracks or Desire as a first listen but beware of Joey !!! 

• RockerRocker Frets: 4981
    axisus said:
    I gave it about a minute, but I just can't get to grips with Dylan. To me that stuff is so dull, but them I'm not big on lyrics. Without really listening to the words it seems pretty slow and dirgesome. I have to say that this is just my opinion - I totally accept that he is an amazing artist, and it's my loss that I can't get something out of it. Someday I'm gonna buy his best album and play it til I like it!

I feel the same about Dylan. I too am less of the lyrics type. Same with Jimi Hendrix. And Jeff Beck. And virtually all shredders and guitar gods.... Perhaps I should have taken up the piano all those years ago.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    If that's his best, then I've been right all these years.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306

Getting into Dylan can be a long but interesting (and rewarding/frustrating) journey.

I started with a cassette copy of 'Greatest Hits', then IIRC 'Blonde on Blonde' and 'Highway 61 Revistited' shortly after.

I got 'Oh Mercy' pretty early on as well, which is still a favorite of mine, but then I started to tackle it chronologically, picking up a few CDs as a time.

There's so many gems in his back catalogue, but also a lot of dross.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited October 2013
    hootsmon said:

give this a go ,will ya? it's something else bro

http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=JF02FMNU

Do you hate Dylan so much that you consider his works to be "Off Topic" on a music forum? That's cruel, man. You're the Judas.