Mesa Boogie UK warranty - transferable?

What's Hot
StefBStefB Frets: 2355
edited October 2013 in Amps

I'm considering buying a used Mesa, that was bought new by the existing owner last December.

Can anyone tell me from experience whether UK Mesa warranties are transferable from one owner to the next?  I've tried Google, Mesa's own website and sent a message to Westside, but yet to hear back.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    No. thats only in the USA, i contacted them a few weeks about this very issue.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    edited October 2013
    They're reliable enough that it shouldn't really be an issue.

I'd sooner buy a used Mesa with no warranty than almost any other major manufacturer's with one, if I needed to rely on it not to break down at a gig.

They're not faultless, but they are very well-engineered... which goes some way to offset the ludicrous price they are over here.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2355

Cheers Si.

Little things like this piss you off about living in the UK just that bit more than ever.

@ICBM - I've sent you a quick PM...
  • Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    I made enquiries about a replacement Headshell for a Mark V.. $299, or if you're in the UK £599!!!

Takes the Pi$$.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I'd sooner be buying Bogner, Marshall, Laney, or Orange, over Mesa.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

@Drew_fx - I'll stick with my Rockerverb 50 MkII combo I think ;-)

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    ICBM said:
    They're not faultless, but they are very well-engineered... 

Well, apart from that bloody inaccessible crappy DIN plug for the factory foot switches...

Yes, I know you don't have to use the factory foot switch, and everything's controllable through 1/4 jacks on the rear panel, and, given how nice everything else is, remembering to reach up behind the rear grille to make absolutely sure it's properly seated as part of the pre-gig checklist isn't that onerous but at that price, on an otherwise unquestionably "road ready" product it grates disproportionately.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    I agree. I always double-loop the cable through the clip on the inside of the cabinet, with a tiny bit of slack between it and the socket, so it can't get pulled. I have sometimes been known to put a little hot-melt glue on the plug and the chassis to make sure too! Easy enough to get apart if you need to change the cable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein