Do you get more attached to gear when you got it on your travels?

CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
The kind of stupid question that you'll only get later at night I think. If you get a piece of gear while you're out and about do you think it's more interesting than when it just arrives in the mail? I do. Here's a couple of mine;

- Vox AC30cc2. My first valve amp, bought down in Poole on an awesome summer weekend in 2008. Me, my girlfriend and two mates drove down and stayed in a sailing boat in Christchurch, took the motor dingy around the coast, saw the red arrows and generally had an awesome time. I sold that amp last autumn and wish I hadn't, just because of the memories attached.

- Little Big Muff bought very cheap from a music shop in Prague this summer. Usually I hate big muffs, they've never worked for me before, but this one made me embrace the mid scoop/ vacuum cleaner sound and I've done some really cool music on it in the three months it's been on my board.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Not really. I get attached to it if it 'works' for me. YMMV ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    That's way too pragmatic for art!
    :P
  • Picked up a NOS Zoom Ultra Fuzz from a little music shop in Bulgaria a couple of years back.

I tried it without knowing how to set it up correctly and just got a load of self oscillation noise and left it in the shop. My wife later convinced me to go back and get it.

I'm glad I did, it's an awesome pedal when you figure it out and I love it even more because I almost passed it by.