Anyone heard of, or used Jay Turser guitars

Hi

I've had a hankering for a Les Paul of late, but with moving house and what not funds are a little tight, so I started to look on the evil bay. spotted a Jay Turser purple Les Paul, I've never heard of this Brand and wondered what opinions were on this one?

Thanks
Bob
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESchapESchap Frets: 1428
    Chinese?  Seem to appear in USA a lot.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    they used to "talk" about them on a US forum I used to go on............ pretty good rep over there, for MIC.   Got some good reviews in the press a while back............as in about 10 years ago !!
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited October 2013
    I used to have one of those semi-acoustic electric resonator thingies (like Matt Bellamy) which was branded Turner. I later saw them branded as Jay Turser (perhaps on Ebay), but they were probably the same guitar.
    The build quality was pretty good. It's difficukt to comment on the quality of the electrics as the resonator part sounded  unusual, although the magnetic neck pickup (mini humbucker) did a half decent job though.
    On the whole, for the money it was good.
  • Right oh, sounds ok then, it's on my watch list and I may take a punt on it depending how much it goes up to.