EvH Striped series

What's Hot

I can't find a thread on this, which surprised me :)

What's the opinion on these? I kind of want one, as I'm sure a lot of people do...but I guess it's probably just a Far East strat for twice the money of a Mex Fender...or not?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    I believe these are made in the Mexican factory by Fender. I've tried one and it was a decent guitar. The neck was nice (similar to the New Mexican Charvels) and the build quality looked good. Didn't jump out as anything outstanding though and there are probably better, more versatile guitars out there for £500
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Adamski said:
    I believe these are made in the Mexican factory by Fender. I've tried one and it was a decent guitar. The neck was nice (similar to the New Mexican Charvels) and the build quality looked good. Didn't jump out as anything outstanding though and there are probably better, more versatile guitars out there for £500
    Is anyone looking at an EVH striped seriously going to be considering 'versatile'?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I am still kicking myself for getting rid of the American Charvel San Dimas I had. For 700 quid it was an awesome guitar and the neck was amazing. Black with maple fretboard. What was I thinking?
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3071
    I fancy one - the bumblebee is on my radar. I just don't know if I could gig it though.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• MosfedMosfed Frets: 25
    I fancy one - the bumblebee is on my radar. I just don't know if I could gig it though.
    Yeah - I am with you on that.  the EVH isn't on my radar, but I have a Gibson Doubleneck that I can never feel good about gigging.  Just too flash and I sound nothing like Jimmy Page.  It takes balls to take such an obvious tribute guitar on stage.
  • DarrenDarren Frets: 168
    I am still kicking myself for getting rid of the American Charvel San Dimas I had. For 700 quid it was an awesome guitar and the neck was amazing. Black with maple fretboard. What was I thinking?
    Couldn't agree more..I have the same model but it's the Japanese pro mod version.. Probably one of the cheapest guitars I've ever bought, yet the feel-tone and playability is that to something equal costing at least twice the price.. I threw a dimarzio AT-1 in the bridge and an Air Norton in the neck, changed out the volume knob for a push/pull split option..Simply awesome!!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    I'm not an EVH fan at all, but something about the red one makes me grin. I think I'd really enjoy a single pickup, floyd-equipped rock machine, but don't think I could justify £500 on it!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    I tried one in the US recently. Lovely neck (fairly wide), and a nice high-output pickup. Trem was good too, but obviously downward movement only. Not bad for £500, and I'd get one if it had a neck pickup.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Mosfed said:

Yeah - I am with you on that.  the EVH isn't on my radar, but I have a Gibson Doubleneck that I can never feel good about gigging.  Just too flash and I sound nothing like Jimmy Page.  It takes balls to take such an obvious tribute guitar on stage.
    The Eagles.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum