Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• Have you ordered? @Drew_fx
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    welshboyo said:
    Have you ordered? @Drew_fx
    I have not. I'm gonna try and make it this Sunday to the Yamaha store to see it in action. I'm hoping I can take my guitar and have a little play, but it's not clear if that's going to be possible.
  • welshboyo said:
    @rossyamaha the "ish" statement about stock arriving - is that "ish" in good (earlier) or bad (later) way...

PMT have had my money in full and understandably I'm getting a little "are we there yet" in relation to when I'll get delivery..

Also, is there a pecking order for the pre-orders from a dealer perspective, don't want to be in a back-order queue....
    I say ish just in case there are any delays. I've seen all sorts of things happen in my time from ships sinking/ catching fire and even being hijacked by pirates. It's rare though. I was told end of September and haven't heard anything since so we should still be on. Sometimes things do arrive earlier though so you might get lucky. PMT will definitely be getting some stock to clear any pre orders they have so don't worry about that. Sorry I can't be more specific.

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jesus. I've only just finished my board. Thank god this is too expensive for me to buy it.

If there is an effects only version at reduced price though...
  • welshboyo said:
    PMT have had my money in full and understandably I'm getting a little "are we there yet" in relation to when I'll get delivery..
    Unless it's changed since I worked in on line retail they're not allowed to do that (although many do)

They are not allowed to charge you until they are ready to ship your goods. When I was at Ebuyer the flow when there was no stock was as follows:

Customer places order - order is marked as pre order
    When stock comes in it is allocated to pre orders - oldest first
    Pre order is converted into a regular order
    Payment is taken and goods are shipped. 

If payment fails contact customer and if it's not resolved then the item goes back in the q and allocated as next available.

I would challenge it.
  • Andertons were showing a date at the end of September, but now show October 31. I wonder if that's only because their original allocation has already been taken, or if the release date has been pushed back?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cgumtree;773394" said:
    Andertons were showing a date at the end of September, but now show October 31. I wonder if that's only because their original allocation has already been taken, or if the release date has been pushed back?
    Crud, hope mine's still on the early batch. Oh well, life will go on regardless!
  • relic245;773356" said:
    welshboyo said:PMT have had my money in full and understandably I'm getting a little "are we there yet" in relation to when I'll get delivery..

Unless it's changed since I worked in on line retail they're not allowed to do that (although many do)

They are not allowed to charge you until they are ready to ship your goods. When I was at Ebuyer the flow when there was no stock was as follows:

Customer places order - order is marked as pre orderWhen stock comes in it is allocated to pre orders - oldest firstPre order is converted into a regular orderPayment is taken and goods are shipped. 

If payment fails contact customer and if it's not resolved then the item goes back in the q and allocated as next available.

I would challenge it.
    @welshboyo - didn't they owe you credit for an ES-8 return? Surely you haven't pid the remainder of the balance in advance of them having stock/shipping date?!
  • Yeah, all paid up with the credit on the ES8 etc.

Doesn't bother me that I've paid as its gone now and unit reserved etc and I know for sure what's left in my PayPal account!!!
  • Just about to head into Soho to see the new toy 8-)
  • Interested to hear how it sounds in the loop of a high gain amp. Is there a killdry?

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Well, I have bitten the bullet, off to see if I can call in a favour at Yamaha and Line 6 ;)
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    edited September 2015
    Heard it through a couple of the Yamaha HS8 monitors... awesome.

Paul gave a great 1-2-1 demo of the interface and tones too, super helpful.

*edit* Got Paul's name wrong - his playing is as great as in the vids btw!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6135
    edited September 2015 tFB Trader
    the 31st october date on andertons is for those people ordering now. if you are in early and had the date of 25th sept, it should (apparently) be around then.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • guitargeek62;777159" said:
    Heard it through a couple of the Yamaha HS8 monitors... awesome.

Phil gave a great 1-2-1 demo of the interface and tones too, super helpful.
    Did it have the balls of a real amp?

For me that's what lets modellers down.
  • Yeah it did, we had it running at what I'd call the upper end (but not limits of) neighbour-friendly volumes and I was really impressed with how much low end was still coming through.

It had one unexpected "artefact" though; everything sounded almost too good - and by that I mean that you would have been ecstatic to have had any of the tones on record imo!!! I played through FRFR headphones too and lost a bit of the tonal weight, yet it still sounded more than good enough for silent practice/ recording.

The signal path interface really is as brilliant as it looks btw, super easy, and incredibly flexible.

Two nice surprises in the models:

1) Shiva - hell of a tone foundation, this will get used in 80% of my patches methinks.

2) Octavia - spot on replica, 110% accurate response for that random behaviour.

We played around with some of the quirkier sounds too and found some cool dr who synth-type things that Phil saved for later.

TL-DR: Flexible.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Ah so you got to have a play yourself?
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited September 2015
    guitargeek62;777388" said:
    Yeah it did, we had it running at what I'd call the upper end (but not limits of) neighbour-friendly volumes and I was really impressed with how much low end was still coming through.

It had one unexpected "artefact" though; everything sounded almost too good - and by that I mean that you would have been ecstatic to have had any of the tones on record imo!!! I played through FRFR headphones too and lost a bit of the tonal weight, yet it still sounded more than good enough for silent practice/ recording.

The signal path interface really is as brilliant as it looks btw, super easy, and incredibly flexible.

Two nice surprises in the models:

1) Shiva - hell of a tone foundation, this will get used in 80% of my patches methinks.

2) Octavia - spot on replica, 110% accurate response for that random behaviour.

We played around with some of the quirkier sounds too and found some cool dr who synth-type things that Phil saved for later.

TL-DR: Flexible.
    Thanks for the info mate.

I would be playing through top end studio monitors so sounds like it would fit the bill plus headphones too.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    edited September 2015
    ^ doubt you'll have any issues with that after hearing it today. Expect my Mesa to be in the classifieds shortly, I'll be switching to stereo unless it ends up sounding worse at home.

@Drew_fx - yep, when I got there they were deoming the THR on stage (pretty swish btw, great work on that @rossyamaha), just around the corner the Helix was setup on a studio desk in front of monitors etc with a handy Tyler Variax sitting next to it. It was free to play so I'd started having a look around the controls and then Paul came over and asked if I wanted him to give me the walkthrough. Very glad I did as it allowed me to sit back and hear how it really sounded.
  • Did you get to actually play it then?

If so what was the feel like?