Bloody Couriers!

MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
Wait in all day for a specially booked Saturday delivery...

Then when things are getting a bit late check on the Track your package. Apparently they tried delivering three packages at three different times of day and we weren't in so they left a card.

Well three of us were in all day, and there's no card.

CityLink you're a bunch of c***s
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wibblewibble Frets: 1097
    I've had that happen to me before - very frustrating!

Is the depot near you? Might be worth ringing them up and see if you can pick it up yourself
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Well as I'm at work all day next week I can't re-arrange a delivery, so have to collect it. Which apparently I have the privilege of doing on Monday rather than the Saturday I paid for. (If I were in, and wanted to trust they could actually do their jobs properly I could have it delivered on Tuesday as the next possible slot...)

But because I've not got the card I have to take a print out of a confirmation that I've arranged to collect it (as well as 2 forms of ID with my address on... or ELSE!) but I don't have a printer so I've put the PDFs on my phone and have to hope that's good enough. Otherwise I'll not be able to get my goods ever again.
  • TheCurefanTheCurefan Frets: 3
    edited October 2013
    demand the delivery costs back from the company you bought the item from. its worked for me in the past when the same thing happened, strangely enough was Sh***y Link then as well

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    edited October 2013
    I've had more than a few things delivered through Citylink and I've not once been able to get a delivery at three different addresses spanning at least 10 years and have only bad things to say about them.

Everything else I've gotten through Amazon directly (rather than an Amazon marketplace type) has used Parcel Force and they've at least tried to deliver properly. So why they chose to use shitty link is beyond me.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Ordered an SDHC card from Amazon.

Email arrives - your item has been delivered through your letter box. Checked letter box. No item. Initiated call-back from Amazon, explained it to them, they will investigate with theor courier. Email from Amazon - item was delivered through your letter box at 17:07.

Later that night a neighbour puts the item through my letter box. I email Amazon - your courier lied or doesn't know their numbers.

One of these days someone is going to realise that they can shift a hell of a lot more stuff if they use a courier that is customer-friendly.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    edited October 2013
    Citylink are shocking.

I complain to Amazon every time I get a bad courier, and it does seem that they listen, as I haven't had anything via Citylink for ages.

There depot round here is in the middle of nowhere too, and is barely ever open.

When I asked them once how they expected me to collect a parcel during the day, when I was obviously at work, the guy said "well surely you should take a day off when you know you have a parcel coming". I politely pointed out that the failed delivery took place the day after it was supposed to, so even if I lived in some dreamland where you can take a day off work because you've got a hardback book being posted, I'd have wasted that day anyway.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33795
    ... deliver knives improperly.