New pop music

FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
These guys are ace ... the bass player looks like he's in the wrong band .. great playing from the drummer and bass player and a catchy tune

Even the name Dirty loops is cool .. what's not to like?

Anything else worth listening to pop music wise?

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Jack Gardiner likes them as well ... ha ha

Just add shred and remix ...

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I've probably banged on about these before, really like the album, it's a cracker.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72325
    Fretwired said:
    Anything else worth listening to pop music wise?
    So much it's impossible to start…

Listen to daytime commercial radio, and keep an open mind. There is a lot of rubbish, but there's a lot of very good music too - not all of it sung by the same people who wrote and produced it, so don't be put off by the 'artist' straight away.

I honestly think the proportion is about the same as at any previous time, it's just that the crap from the past has long been forgotten and we only know the good stuff.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    I've enjoyed Polica's performances on Jools and they have some nice, easy on the ear tunes. They sort of remind me of Everything But The Girl's dance phase but the bass is really up front and they have 2 drummers.
    They probably come across better live than on CD etc..much like Battles' "Atlas"
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17607
    tFB Trader
    On the pop side of things I've been enjoying Haim and Rudamental (who are the pop end of D&B)
    I'm planning on giving the new Katy Perry a listen as I thought the first half of the Teenage Dream album was great.