Anyone have anything good to say about the phone network THREE?

What's Hot
I know their signal coverage is not great and customer service is shite..........................................................

But anyone actually get on alright with them?
Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bertiebertie Frets: 13568
    that'll be a no then

:D
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Yes I do. 

They had some issues back in 2003 but that was 10 years ago. I moved to Orange and Vodafone and can't wait to get back to 3. 

Only downside for me is customer services, but the shops have always been absolutely great for me. 
  • They are fine until you want to leave.  72 mins it took me to do it on the phone.  Shower of shat.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24270
    No. Awful coverage in my area and mis-sold a product and I had to get professionally upset with them.
  • I'm really happy with a bonus feature of Three's customer service.  They ring me so often that I feel assured if the Mrs and kids were away for a week and I had a bad fall that one of their sales people would miss me and raise their concerns with the appropriate authority long before the dogs started eating my face.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    Ive been with them for years without a problem, and they're the only people that let you tether and have unlimited Internet without paying a fortune.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Aye unlimited tethering was very welcome when I moved house and was without broadband. 
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    Exact same reason we have stuck with them. Perfect set up for us narrowboat folk.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7417
    Moved to 3 a month or so ago, been fine so far
    Red ones are better. 
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    edited October 2013
    They can't be as bad as EE. I found out recently that because T-Mob and Orange amalgamated they decided they didn't need all their masts so they shut some down, in fact quite a few, (there was a piece on R4 You and Yours on Friday, the very first piece of the program) and, guess what, now I can't get a phone signal at home.

I am out of contract, on a a rolling monthly, and they have reduced my bill by half for 6 months, but I would rather pay for something that works. Only problem is I'm going to need to try all the others on a PAYG sim first. Damn.
  • stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    im with 02.. i get a call saying iv been such a great customer iv qualufied for upgrade... great.... phone arrives... its on three. it took an age to get out of the contract with them.... even though they had impersonated someone from 02 to get me to agree the contract. i wouldnt use them even if they were the only mobile provider.
    absolutely dugusting unethical immoral firm.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I was at a party last night in Putney, talking to a chap who wanted to google something on his phone. He had no service and asked to use my phone. I said "With 3 are you?" He was.
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    The unlimited data and tethering does appeal. As well as no extra costs for 4G.
    My V key is broken
  • I've never had a problem with 3, been with them for around 2 years. I've only had to call them once and it was fine, I always use the shops, if I've got a phone related problem.

The unlimited tethering is a godsend, I used it every day for around a year as I didn't have the internet in my house.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    Not sure if 3 is the same company as THREE but in Ireland 3 bought out O2  and will be re-branding O2 as 3 in the next few months.  We are customers of O2 and have no complaints [yet]
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Same parent company but slightly different.  They sold their brand to Vodafone in Australia a few years back.