My girlfriend is learning bass!

What's Hot
ThePrettyDamnedThePrettyDamned Frets: 7489
edited June 2015 in Bass
Having finally finished building my GSPBASSES, my girlfriend decided she wanted to learn. She's spent about four hours (over two weeks) being taught by me (and I'm a beginner at bass) how to play Time is Running Out. She can play the main riff well, but not in perfect time or with even dynamics.  However, the prechorus and chorus she *can* do quite evenly, so we recorded it! I did the first riff, then she did pre chorus and chorus.  I had to boost her volumes right up as it was softer than my playing and it went higher than my own so she could hear her timing (which, for an absolute beginner, is not bad!) and then I added a *very* quickly dialled in guitar tone for the chorus. 

Overall, I'm super impressed!

I'm recommending her to get a Zoom B1On as a headphones practice amp as she has no room, and I'll lend her my bass from time to time until she can afford her own Peavey Milestone or Squier. 

Super cool and proud, though! :D

Any suggestions as to where to find a super cheap bass? Sub £100 is good.  I thought the old peavey milestones were great fun and can be had mega cheap from crack converters. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    She sounds like a keeper ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Jalapeno;687088" said:
    She sounds like a keeper ;)
    Wisdom.

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1267
    How about a Harley Benton?
  • steamabacus;687187" said:
    How about a Harley Benton?
    Good shout.

I'd rather go used so if she loses interest the cost is minimised. But that's not a bad shout, they've got consistently decent reviews.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    She's already better than me!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    So at 3:44pm you posted "My girlfriend is learning bass" therefore I assume she's out doing her first gig tonight? Wish her luck from us.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom