The Proclaimers, and football

What's Hot
redrighthandredrighthand Frets: 746
edited October 2013 in Music
I don't follow football. Never really been interested. Watch the odd match but generally it passes me by.

However I do love the Proclaimers, and have always adored Sunshine on Leith. (The song, not the current musical film.)

Which is why, if I ever did decide to follow a team, it would have to be Hibs. I mean just listen to them... Spine tingling.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72323
    Some time in the late 80s not long after I'd come to Scotland, I was accosted in the street by a very drunk Scottish person who insisted I was one of the Proclaimers. Admittedly I did have brushed-back blond hair and glasses, and could possibly just about have looked similar if seen through the bottom of a glass, but despite denying it in my very English public-school accent, he wouldn't believe me and accused me of selling out and putting on airs like a posh English boy now I was famous :D.

I also impressed my future father-in-law by being able to correctly pronounce "Auchtermuchty" :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom