All The Smorg Things - The Official Smorg Pedalboards Update Thread

What's Hot
dindudedindude Frets: 8537
edited August 2015 in Made in the UK
I'll use this thread for any relevant Smorg related updates.  

Hopefully starting with the launch of the website!  It's all ready to go, so looking to be live in the next 24 hours.

As a bit of a fun pre-curser to the website - here's the official trailer!

Cheers for now........
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Problem - Please contact Support  ;)

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    edited July 2015
    GIJoe said:
    Problem - Please contact Support  ;)
    Hmmm, just tried it on wife's device and it worked ok. Hasn't been uploaded long so maybe that's why.

Edit: Just twigged, you're referring to the web address - yes, not live yet, will post when it is.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Good work sir! (Video works fine for me). Will keep a watch for the website
  • GuitarWorkzGuitarWorkz Frets: 107
    I am really interested in getting a few of the GRAB600 boards, will you have prices up on your website when it goes live, and will I be able to order them directly from your website?
    Custom guitars & guitar competitions
    http://www.guitarworkz.co.uk
    I am really interested in getting a few of the GRAB600 boards, will you have prices up on your website when it goes live, and will I be able to order them directly from your website?

Yes prices will be up on the website but I'll PM you in the meantime with a few more details. Cheers

Meanwhile, dumdedumdedum :-\"

Slight technical issue with my web host provider.............hopefully resolved soon. I should have commisiond @digitalscream for the technical stuff!

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26579
    dindude said:

Slight technical issue with my web host provider.............hopefully resolved soon. I should have commisiond @digitalscream for the technical stuff!

What's up? PM me if you think I can help...
    <space for hire>
    edited July 2015
    dindude said:

What's up? PM me if you think I can help...
    Cheers Lee, it's an issue at webhosting end which they are loooking to resolve so all should be good. Thanks anyhoo.

www.smorgpedalboards.co.uk is go!

Big thanks to @digitalscream for helping me overcome some genuine technical difficulties - this place continues to surprise at how friendly and helpful it is! 

Have kept it nice and simple for now and will develope the website as the Smorg range grows.

Any genuine feedback on what could be improved / developed on the website would be appreciated - the joy of doing everything yourself is that ammendments and updates can be done very quickly!

Already on my list:

A few small alignment/font issues when viewing on mobile sites.

Better pics within the Grab page.

In the meantime - until the end of August there is a 10% discount on pre-postage prices for Grab boards (board only or package) for any fretboard member with a post count of 100 or more. PM me through here, rather than the website, to get the discount.

I'll also do a good deal on any custom size requests for fretboard members, and also look out soon for the option on a couple of pre-production boards from the upcoming Tier range!

Cheers

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Happy to be of assistance, mate :)

Excellent stuff on the discount for regulars, too.
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Good luck with this dindude!
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Site looks great!      Good luck and hopefully lots of orders start piling in :) 
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 833
    Looks great....and it's even got a pic of my board on! Good luck sir!
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    One change perhaps?

"Because of the large surface area underneath a Smorg, velcro is a successful (and non-temporary) way of securing a power supply."

Should that be either temporary, or non-permanent?
    guitargeek62;723028" said:
    One change perhaps?

"Because of the large surface area underneath a Smorg, velcro is a successful (and non-temporary) way of securing a power supply."

Should that be either temporary, or non-permanent?
    Good spot that man, thank you
  • Hoping to buy a smorg board from you soon :) something a bit bigger than the grab boards.

Very exciting to see this take off, especially as it's been going since.. Music radar? Iirc?
    Hoping to buy a smorg board from you soon :) something a bit bigger than the grab boards.

Very exciting to see this take off, especially as it's been going since.. Music radar? Iirc?
    Not quite that long, although it probably feels like it! 

It was almost exactly a year ago I started getting some Smorg branded boards out there, they were the plywood core flat boards and I still stand by the design as a pro quality board, but it was very hard to make them stand out from the boards offered by the UK flightcase companies and the like. 
    I also found that most customers wanted to put the power supply underneath.

That's when I went about designing Smorg v2, and they seem to be going down well so far!

Looking forward to you joining up, one of the upcoming Tier range might suit if you're looking for bigger than a Grab.
    edited July 2015
    dindude said:
    It was almost exactly a year ago I started getting some Smorg branded boards out there, they were the plywood core flat boards and I still stand by the design as a pro quality board, but it was very hard to make them stand out from the boards offered by the UK flightcase companies and the like. 
    I also found that most customers wanted to put the power supply underneath.

In a way, I prefer the original boards because of the customisability - that riser you made does make them stand out from the crowd in my opinion.

However, our bassist has that one now, because he was using one of my ghetto boards and wanted something more "pro"; since I have a Grab 600 now, there was no need to hang on to it.

Of course, that means I'll probably have to have one from the Tier range too at some point, if only to complete the set ;)
    <space for hire>
    edited July 2015

In a way, I prefer the original boards because of the customisability - that riser you made does make them stand out from the crowd in my opinion.

However, our bassist has that one now, because he was using one of my ghetto boards and wanted something more "pro"; since I have a Grab 600 now, there was no need to hang on to it.

Of course, that means I'll probably have to have one from the Tier range too at some point, if only to complete the set ;)
    Well you never know, I might resurrect them one day. The aluminium riser was a partial influence for this new style.

And I'll put you down for serial number 2 for the Tier range
    ;)
  • GuitarWorkzGuitarWorkz Frets: 107
    Cool website, I'll be ordering a few of the Grab600s off of you in the next few weeks hopefully.
    Custom guitars & guitar competitions
    http://www.guitarworkz.co.uk