Spaceman Orion - a real spring reverb pedal?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Snagged one today. Will go head to head - Empress Trem + Orion vs Flint... can only keep one option.
    First dibs :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boy said:
    Snagged one today. Will go head to head - Empress Trem + Orion vs Flint... can only keep one option.
    First dibs :)
    Sure!
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    edited January 2017
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Lew said:
    Gorgeous.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Cool sounds @Lew. Mine sounds like that in a helix loop. In my amp fx loop it sounds like someone plugged a vacuum cleaner in. Sadly spaceman are not replying to my emails at all, so mine is currently serving as a paper weight. :(
    Cool sounds @Lew. Mine sounds like that in a helix loop. In my amp fx loop it sounds like someone plugged a vacuum cleaner in. Sadly spaceman are not replying to my emails at all, so mine is currently serving as a paper weight. :(
    The first thing that I thought of was whether it worked well in a loop/at line level, so I guess you just answered that.  
    @Lew btw which trem won out in the end?
  • LewLew Frets: 1657
    @Teetonetal mmmm that's really poor :-( fingers crossed you get a reply. Same deal with noise in front of the amp rather than in ze loop? 

I don't use a trem @mixolyd I think you mean @Teetonetal  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Lew said:
    I don't use a trem @mixolyd I think you mean @Teetonetal  
    Right you are.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    @mixolyd ; I don't think it's a line level issue as the space sounds awful intron of, or in the loop. My guess is that the spring tank is faulty as the spaceman guy said there were some issues in a TGP thread. I've tried lots of PSUs, different placement etc. I will try in my other amps fx loop in a couple of days. Not had the chance yet. But he's not answering me. Assuming it's due to Namm and that he just released 2 more pedals. So I will try him again after Namm.

Very odd that it works well with helix though. 

As for terms - I scrapped that for the time being as this is either Flint or Empress/Orion. Given that the orion isn't playing, I haven't even started to compare.

@Teetonetal ;
    That's a shame, sounds like the kind of issue that often plagues these short-run, ambitious boutique products, especially early in their life cycle.  Best of luck, hopefully you'll hear the best of it soon!