Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

ThorpyFX Muffroom

What's Hot

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7860
    It's....it's....HUGE!

I love a bit of muff.  If Thorpy could squeese this into a smaller enclosure, I'd likely order one.

M
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    TheMarlin said:
    It's....it's....HUGE!

I love a bit of muff.  If Thorpy could squeese this into a smaller enclosure, I'd likely order one.

M
    It's about the same footprint as a Boss but slightly longer due to the top jacks.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• Is it a keeper, or is that a silly question? :))
    Link to my trading feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Are you selling your Vick then @Gassage :)
    Gassage;738549" said:
    @sassafras

Yes. It's the best I have ever heard. Period.

Wanna buy the Vick? Which is exceptional too.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • how much are these ?

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

how much are these ?
    I think the Muffroom Cloud is £185 at the moment
  • wow, thats a lot of money.

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    I've renamed mine.

The EasyMuff.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• i got a thorpy catalinbread clone, its very very good.

wow, thats a lot of money.
    I know. That's what has held me back :(
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6131
    tFB Trader
    It's priced below many of the boutique american brands for a made in the UK, custom built and custom designed product.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Admittedly I've not held one in my hands or heard it outside of the videos posted so far, but if I had the readies, I'd probably pay the asking price for one of Thorpy's pedals. I've followed him on Ebay for years and his builds are immaculate. The level of thought and detail gone into his own pedals is very impressive and the OD pedal that was going round members last year sounded great.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    Admittedly I've not held one in my hands or heard it outside of the videos posted so far, but if I had the readies, I'd probably pay the asking price for one of Thorpy's pedals. I've followed him on Ebay for years and his builds are immaculate. The level of thought and detail gone into his own pedals is very impressive and the OD pedal that was going round members last year sounded great.
    I agree. It's obviously a well thought and well designed product. I think I'll have to view more videos of lucky purchasers using it until I pull the trigger on one. Fuzz to me is an awkward area as I don't know much about them but I'm researching now as best I can to find the sound I like. Most Fuzzes I've found on youtube for example, are way too distorted for what I'll ever want one for. I guess I like more of the David Gilmour Fuzz sound he uses on his solos etc
    edited August 2015 tFB Trader
    Admittedly I've not held one in my hands or heard it outside of the videos posted so far, but if I had the readies, I'd probably pay the asking price for one of Thorpy's pedals. I've followed him on Ebay for years and his builds are immaculate. The level of thought and detail gone into his own pedals is very impressive and the OD pedal that was going round members last year sounded great.
     I guess I like more of the David Gilmour Fuzz sound he uses on his solos etc
    which is exactly what it was designed to nail.... (And a lot more besides) 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    thorpy6 said:
    which is exactly what it was designed to nail....
    I didn't get that from your video that's all unfortunately :( Maybe Andy from Pro Guitar could do one too
    tFB Trader
    thorpy6 said:
    which is exactly what it was designed to nail....
    I didn't get that from your video that's all unfortunately :( Maybe Andy from Pro Guitar could do one too
    Ah well my error, its based on the triangle big muff which is useful for getting the following Gilmour tones DG78/Wall/Final Cut/Gdansk
  • Luckily we're getting the opportunity for a free spin, on the Gunshot tour, that could be the decider for many (including me).
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17607
    tFB Trader
    thorpy6 said:
    It's priced below many of the boutique american brands for a made in the UK, custom built and custom designed product.
    Yep as an owner it's a really well made and thought out product which has gone beyond the typical "hobby box" boutique builder approach. It easily justifies being up there with the price of a Wampler / Skreddy etc.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I second that :)
    monquixote;747969" said:
    thorpy6 said:

Cookiemonster said:

Yep as an owner it's a really well made and thought out product which has gone beyond the typical "hobby box" boutique builder approach. It easily justifies being up there with the price of a Wampler / Skreddy etc.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    It's to much for me (Childcare is about to start at over £600 a month...) but everything about the pedal oozes class, from the packing to the sound.

The pics to make it look huge, the slant seems to confuse my perspective haha 

Maybe one day eh, never found a muff I could get on with, so this might have to be on the radar