Looking to sell a Squier Tom Delonge Strat - any thoughts on how much I should be asking?

What's Hot
HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
edited November 2013 in Guitar
I know this should probably be in the classifieds but decision to sell not yet finalised...

Anyway, it's a hardtail Strat with a single pickup (Duncan designed - appears to be a Duncan Detonator) and a volume control - and that's it. The body is only routed for the one pickup. I've toyed with the idea of replacing the pickup with a p90 to make a kind of Strat Jnr, but am more likely to just move it on.
I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9663
    edited November 2013
    Ridiculous! Just asked for advice down my local guitar shop and they reckon with the right buyer it could fetch upwards of £250. Rarity value apparently, but definitely seems to be a case of finding a Blink182 fan too. Fingers crossed.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    HAL9000 said:
    Ridiculous! Just asked for advice down my local guitar shop and they reckon with the right buyer it could fetch upwards of £250. Rarity value apparently, but definitely seems to be a case of finding a Blink182 fan too. Fingers crossed.
    They probably lied.
    It is a common trick to get you to put in on consignment.
    They might end up selling it for less and will use the excuse of they tried to call but couldn't reach you.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72330
    They were probably thinking about the Fender MIM version, which is actually more common and does go for around that.

If you decide to keep it, replace the pot with a push-push to split the pickup, it works very nicely.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Thanks for the replies. Will try for about £100 then. Must admit £250 sounded way over the top but couldn't find any for sale in the UK to get any kind of guide.

Special thanks to Guitar Monkey - I hadn't realised you could look at historic sales on the bay.
  • gilbygilby Frets: 176
    I watched a tom delonge squier a while back. I think it went for about £135 but it wasn't the genuine article. Pretty certain it was an affinity with a single bucker, scratch plate and a screwed down trem.
    Just goes to show what a "name" can do.
  • Hi Im a massive blink fan in I've been searching for ages, do you still have it? Thanks!
    Sorry, sold it on t'bay just 5 days ago.
  • was it for £75 because i saw it last week or so but thanks for the reply

• or it seemed similar

That was it. The reserve was set at £75 but it went for double that.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I wish I came up with a cool username like you @HAL9000