Irontone Effects

What's Hot
AdjiAdji Frets: 142
in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Long story short, Irontone is my 'company.' I put together pedalboards, full rigs etc (more on that on the site) but the reason for posting here is you guys may be interested in the pedals and cables I make etc etc.

Here is a bit info about the three pedals at the moment, more info on the site. They can be bought on the site (or PM me). On the site you can also find pics and video demos etc etc.

http://www.irontone.co.uk/wp/

MODIFIED CRYBABY STANDARD EDITION

The Irontone Standard Edition takes what is already a pretty sweet wah pedal and makes it just that bit better. We alter the sweep and the sound of the wah to give a much more vocal and even sweep from heel to toe. The ‘problem’ with the stock Crybaby is that it has a lot of top end and not a lot of lower mids in its sweep range. Our mod alters this to give a smoother sweep but also retains that high end in the toe position.
A warmer, more vocal sweep with a powerful midrange.

“Fantastic mod of the stock CryBaby. If you are looking for more expression and a smoother tone” – Andy Bell (Rubric)

MODIFIED CRYBABY PRO EDITION
The Irontone Pro Edition takes what is already a pretty sweet wah pedal and makes it just that bit better. We alter the sweep and the sound of the wah to give a much more vocal and even sweep from heel to toe. The ‘problem’ with the stock Crybaby is that it has a lot of top end and not a lot of lower mids in its sweep range. Our mod alters this to give a smoother sweep but also retains that high end in the toe position. On top of this we remove the input buffer and add a new high quality switch to make the wah true bypass as the stock buffer is not to everyone’s taste. We also drill the enclosure and add in an LED to indicate whether the wah pedal is active or not.
A buttery, smooth sweep with a vocal ‘woah’ sound.

"Absolutely LOVING my Irontone modded wah! All the problems and annoyances of the original design have been addressed, resulting in a pedal which, in my opinion, easily sits up there with the £200 units.” –NickGuitarify

CRANKED COMBO
The Irontone Cranked Combo (or ‘CC’ for short) replicates those classic 1×12 combos cranked to breaking point. The gain is pretty much set and the knob controls output volume only, there is a lot of volume on tap and cranking the dial will result in more hair and compression from your amp.

The CC is very responsive to the signal it is seeing and thus very interactive with your guitar’s volume control. The pedal will act just like a cranked amp, set your guitar volume low for ‘on the edge’ break-up sounds, wind it up and achieve those amps-on-the-edge-of-explosion sounds we all know and love.

The CC also works as a great lead boost and drives already crunchy amps into warm, fuzzy territory.

Comments

• andypwudtoneandypwudtone Frets: 287
    edited August 2015
    HI @Adji ,

nice stratgey on the wah mods , been meaning to convert my own for a while. 

Just a thought, do you do an exchange service? , ie I send you my old cry baby and you send me one of your MODIFIED CRYBABY PRO EDITION  for a reasonable amount etc as a replacement and then you mod / use mind for next customer etc or just mod mine/

let me know if that kind of upgrade / exchange service is possible. 
    kind regards 
    Andy Preston
    www.wudtone.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27639
    Welcome @adji - always good to have another UK business on here.

Pics, vids & soundclips are always well received here ...

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdjiAdji Frets: 142
    tFB Trader
    TTony;745690" said:
    Welcome @adji - always good to have another UK business on here.

Pics, vids & soundclips are always well received here ...

:)
    Thanks man.
    There's stuff on the site but i'll try and get them converted onto the forum tomorrow.
    andypwudtone;745636" said:
    HI @Adji ,

nice stratgey on the wah mods , been meaning to convert my own for a while. 

Just a thought, do you do an exchange service? , ie I send you my old cry baby and you send me one of your MODIFIED CRYBABY PRO EDITION  for a reasonable amount etc as a replacement and then you mod / use mind for next customer etc or just mod mine/

let me know if that kind of upgrade / exchange service is possible. kind regards Andy Prestonwww.wudtone.com
    Thanks man.
    The problem is I am then selling on a used pedal which comes with its own unique set of problems. I have done it before though I ended up keeping the additional modded wah.

edited August 2015 tFB Trader
    Finally got round to copying some pics and videos over from the site:

CRYBABY STANDARD:

CRYBABY PRO:

Video demo by the great NickGuitarify, I don't think he is a member here though.

tFB Trader