small(ish) delay pedal with subdivisions/triplets?

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
Not entirely sure of the terminology here but on my tc x4 there is a little switch that clicks delays over to triplets. I know you can do this with any delay using your ears but I like this short cut. I am not using the x4 at the moment and have a more regular delay pedal but the ability to bend down and flick it to triplets for the odd song would be neat. I could just use a second delay pedal I suppose and dial it in differently but then size wise that's getting close to getting the x4 back out the cupboard.
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Could you do it with the regular Flashback and the toneprint editor?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257;74243" said:
    Could you do it with the regular Flashback and the toneprint editor?
    probably/ possibly. That would just be a knob twist between whatever delay I was using and the toneprint.

:)
  • Just realised the regular flashback has that switch anyway, I didn't think it did. Doh X_X
  • Just realised the regular flashback has that switch anyway, I didn't think it did. Doh X_X
    Sometimes I miss the face palms ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Hi ETW, yep, the regular Flashback (I use one) can do that but look at the Nova Repeater too (had one of those too). It's nearly double the size of the regular Flashback but not as big as X4. You can leave the delay time the same, but by changing the subdivision button, or even the delay type, you can get different and significant things happening, plus it has a tap tempo and audio tempo (hold down tap tempo for a few secs until it mutes, then you can strum the tempo you want and it picks it up).
    Good pedals and a doddle to use.
  • Cheers @Kebabkid - I mean I could use the x4 but I have a very packed Diago Commuter and not wanting to go any bigger. In my old band having the delay presets were very handy but now I am just using a single delay setting on a couple of songs but would like a secondary ( triplet based) setting for maybe one song. Doing the ska and reggae set it was also very frantic, no time for any knob twiddling between numbers. Shouldn't be such a problem now ( although a reliable bass player and getting gigs are probably more immediate concerns).
  •   I was going to recommend the Flashback, but I see you beat me to it!

Just today, I was playing around with that feature, and it makes a big difference in how the pedal performs.  The dotted 8th position is especially interesting.  The mode knob also gives you a shortcut to slapback.  It's very versatile.

With that said, I still prefer my Carbon Copy.  It's just my favorite type of delay: analog/tape echo, with a modulation button.  I just seem to get more mileage out of it- the Flashback normally stays in tape echo mode anyway.  Plus, I think the MXR one just sounds a bit better.
  • The only downside to the flashback being the lack of tap tempo. It does have strum tempo so the dotted eighth thing is useful with that if you can work it within your songs.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1260
    Line 6 Echo Park if you can find one?
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...