6 way toggle switch !?

What's Hot
rprrpr Frets: 310
Came across this -http://nsfcontrols.blogspot.co.uk/- Jimmy Page had one fitted to his 08 sig model, but now can be bought as a retrofit
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader
    I have a couple in stock if anyone needs one

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited August 2013
    I got a couple of the first version (not the one pictured here), thinking I'd try them on a couple of Ghosts, but have since read some quite negative reviews.
    Don't know about the new version I'm afraid. :-S 
    Welcome to  theFB , Jonathan. :)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Looks like a cool idea. You could get coil-split switching from the same switch without needing push-pulls etc.

It would have to be as reliable as a Switchcraft toggle before I'd consider fitting one though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    I found another 6 way switch on a US website,

I have a couple in stock if anyone needs one
    Hi - someone had a purple LP of yours for sale just before MR went down, I have to say that looked one honey of a guitar.   :)

I would be grateful if you could PM me the details on the switch, and any other control / wiring ideas for a flexible beastie.  Thanks

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    ddlooping said:
    I got a couple of the first version (not the one pictured here), thinking I'd try them on a couple of Ghosts, but have since read some quite negative reviews.
    Don't know about the new version I'm afraid. :-S 
    hi, what sort of problems were there with the switch bud ? 
    id like to know or to see reviews as i was considering fitting one. many thanx :)
    edited August 2013
    That's the one that had quite a few bad reviews...
    stuagu said:
    hi, what sort of problems were there with the switch bud ? 
    id like to know or to see reviews as i was considering fitting one. many thanx :)
    The reviews were at Stewmac but they've now replaced it with the new version, designed by the same guy (Alasdair Bryce - I met him at the Guitar Nation Festival a few years ago), and the reviews are gone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27497
    I think @Sporky tried one too ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    ddlooping said:
    ... That's the one that had quite a few bad reviews...    (old version)

The reviews were at Stewmac but they've now replaced it with the new version, designed by the same guy (Alasdair Bryce - I met him at the Guitar Nation Festival a few years ago), and the reviews are gone.
    Thanks for that, I now feel much happier taking a chance on trying this out myself.

TTony said:
    I think @Sporky tried one too ...
    I think I sold it to him. :D
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    for some reason the photo made me laugh :D
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28198
    Sporkaster 4 has one. It's tricky to hit the middle positions.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16672
    i used a couple of the old style ones.  they were ok, but the switching mechanism was not totally reliable and it did need a wiggle to bring it back every so often
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    Well that's no good then...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• WezVWezV Frets: 16672
    edited August 2013
    new ones might be better - its certainly a nice concept.  not sure i like the solder pads on the new one though, although the tabs on the old one where a bit flimsy.  i like proper tags so i can get a good solid connection even before solder
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Hi - someone had a purple LP of yours for sale just before MR went down, I have to say that looked one honey of a guitar.   :)

That would have been me :) It sold in the end to a mate of mine and is indeed in the show us your axes thread with it's new pups in.